Will Ron Paul to change Marijuana history?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by That0neguy01, Apr 3, 2011.

1. I earlier posted a thread about Sarah Palin being pro pot, but i just realized shes not the one we should be looking at. Ron Paul is the one who will shape marijuana's destiny, and that will begin with this years presidential election. Im sick of a world where i cant enjoy the herb at the end of a stressful day without the risk of being thrown in jail. Your thoughts on this? could this really be the beginning of the end of 420's prohibition?

I say Obama had his chance, and he didnt do much with it. please dont give him another 4 years. which will be 4 more years till pot can have its chance again.
    I am 18 this year and i can finally take my stand against this. and even if your not 18, encourage your parents to vote for Ron this year. it may be our most significant presidential term in ages. Make America a better place. Its time for us to move forward.
    Vote Ron Paul! Peace.:smoke:

2. I seem to agree with Ron Paul on a lot of topics.

Don't hold your breath on him getting elected president though.

3. Why do you say that? i really cant see obama getting re elected. hes not exactly the most popular right now. and theres not too many others running that i know of. Ron Paul seems like he would have a really good chance

4. Because I highly doubt he is going to get the Republican nomination, and without it he will never have a chance.

You probably weren't aware that Ron Paul just recently ran for president in '08. He withdrew when he didn't receive the Republican nomination......which will probably happen again for the next election.

I agree with you that Ron Paul could be a great president, but I don't see it happening.

5. I disagree, he ALMOST made it last time and he's gained A LOT of publicism over the last two years.
    I honestly believe he's the most popular candidate, even more popular than Palin if she decides to run again.

It's kinda scary though, because we expect SO much out of him how in the world would he be able to keep his word for everything?
    Because he probably wont.

6. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're right and I'm wrong!

And yeah, I'd say unrealistic expectations come with every president and I doubt Paul would be any different.

7. If anything the fact that he's such a kook would mean that things he advocates become more associated w/ the fringe. I want weed to be mainstream.

8. All I know though is the next candidate who runs will be pro-legalization because it would be stupid if they didn't support it, ESPECIALLY since it's starting to be accepted into society.

They just have to think on how it would actually benefit and show people clear cut facts when they're running.

If the republican candidate favors it... Then the old conservatives REALLY have some tough thinking to do!

Prop 19 in California failed due to the old conservatives.
    I REALLY want to see how this plays out!

Either vote for Obama again... Or get a guaranteed win by favoring marijuana with a republican platform, I think we got this in the bag.

9. Thats what we thought about Bullshit Bush...

10. Republicans are more stern and hold closer to their party than democrats due to religion.

You wouldn't imagine how many times I've heard "I'm a republican because it's what God favors."

11. totally, but im just sayin that we all thought that about bush getting re-elected. And somehow he pulled it off, so who knows whats gonna happen.

12. Nah, I voted for Obama and if Ron Paul runs I'm voting for him.
    We gave Obama a chance some stuff worked, most stuff didn't, but life moves on.

Sad thing is there will probably never be another black president for a LONG time because people are going to have a bad image of another black person running the country again.

13. uhhh,if Republicans run their campaign on conservative Christan values, and conservative christans think weed is a evil drug that's after their teenage kids,then how is a republican going to get elected by republicans if they run on reforming cannabis laws? i just don't see it happening,sorry

14. But you think republicans will vote otherwise? lol

That's why I would love to see the situation unfurl.

15. alright,well if both parties agree that cannabis should be legal then awesome.:cool:

16. Yup, if one party accepts it then its inevitable that the other party would also agree since marijuana is one of the nation's biggest topics to date.

17. I didn't vote for Obama or McCain. I would have voted for Ron if he made it there. I usually vote democrat for the most part, but Ron seems pretty cool...

Im also neither democrat nor republican, not tea party or liberal. ​
    Im part of the fuckin "Green Party" No fucking joke i really am :smoke::smoke::smoke:

18. as much as he makes sence on marijuana hes batshit insane, i dont think his one stance on pot over rides averything else he would do, so i think ill stick to libral democrats....althou obama seems to just bend over to the republicans, but i garentee macain would have just steamrolled everything. so ill take the lesser of 2 evels and just hope ron works his pot policy from the background

19. To be honest, people might not like Obama but at least he's not closing dispensaries left and right.
    I bet if McCain was president things would have been A LOT different.

20. I felt the exact same way at election time I still do.
    I still would rather have Obama any day over McCain.. Damn right!!!
    It wouldn't have been better if that cunt muscle made it into office... We'd be in like alot more wars than we already are... Like in bush days... Raining holy hell on countries... (ohh yeah were doing that like right now) arrrr....

I did expect to see the troops back already, but yeah.. fuckin politics man..... such drama...