Will religion bring about our own destruction?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ResearchIt, May 27, 2010.

1. I wouldnt call it fact that a higher being had to create the universe. After all its just speculation. Thats a pretty low bar to say a that a prayer that heals people would make you believe in the bible, i would assume it was sort of technology beyond my understanding. Even if a freaking angel came down and spoke to me I wouldnt believe it because it could be a being with technology or abilities that is attempting to fool me. Who know whats out there? huge ass universe.

2. kinda off topic but does the ark exist? if so, where is the proof?

3. #43 GanjaGod1, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    Yes it will ultimatly destoy us, since religion began we have had countless wars, no religion, no wars!
    but there will always be religion!
    i'm a cantheist myself as i love god and da herb that he put here for us! it relax's my mind and numbs the severe lower back pain and migraines that i suffer with evreyday since a big car crash i had about 15 years ago!, it really does help, soz seemed to have slipped off topic there, but i noticed your an athiest so i thought i would let you know about cantheism!

i used to be athiest!! - www.ebeneezer.net/ritual/vegetable/offsite/Cantheist.html

:smoking:

4. what is cantheism? what made to change from atheism to canthesism?

5. If it wasn't for religion - philosophy forced upon people which assumes to be right, people would actually be individualists. Politics could be different has in anarchy. Jesus wouldn't have died in the first place and his real teachings would've gotten out, instead of misinterpretations. But it is kind of inevitable for religion to exist simply because of the nature of man. To be dominant, forcing upon what they believe is right, etc.

Society would be much more diverse. And less of 'follower' kind of society as people do in religion. Everyone would have a clear vision of life. More ideas and philosophy due to less ignorance and judgment. But the universe is how it is because that's how it works - its law. There would be more visionaries and such.

I think it is impossible to remove it from human existence b/c of statements stated before. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    If it wasn't for religion - philosophy forced upon people which assumes to be right, people would actually be individualists. Politics could be different has in anarchy. Jesus wouldn't have died in the first place and his real teachings would've gotten out, instead of misinterpretations. But it is kind of inevitable for religion to exist simply because of the nature of man. To be dominant, forcing upon what they believe is right, etc. Society would be much more diverse. And less of 'follower' kind of society as people do in religion. Everyone would have a clear vision of life. More ideas and philosophy due to less ignorance and judgment. But the universe is how it is because that's how it works - its law. There would be more visionaries and such. I think it is impossible to remove it from human existence b/c of statements stated before.
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t

People really don't know how to think for themselves. Most are ignorant, and are close-minded to the open possibilities of this existence. People are afraid of the unknown. So they look for direction and answers for something that makes sense to them.

If religion makes you happy as an individual then go for it. Just stop directly influencing others around you, b/c religion overall is an evil influence.

6. Cantheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - check it out!

we have cannabis as a human right literly and under the current EU and UN legislation we all have the right to a religion and to practice that religion.... see where this going m8??

The Cannabis Assembly, Free guidance and support for the legal religious use of cannabis go to documents and have a read,look in the cannabis assembely statement.

7. UN m8 that covers you! :metal:

8. ooo.. I heard about the UN in highschool but never knew what they actually did.

9. yea the united nations and the europian union cover all of us except china,russia etc when it comes to rights!

fighting in court when you get busted though is another story because as the law stands it is illegal to cultivate,posses,distribute cannabis

but...

if someone where to pled for religious reasons and quote the rights that i showed you earlier and win then things would change dramatically!
    its just a case of someone getting court and speaking up with a good solicitor of course! lol:smoking:

10. I agree with you for the most part. Did you notice you repeated your paragraph.