Will Rain Kill A Seed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OrganicGrowers, May 16, 2014.

1. I planted 2 seeds yesterday and today we got hit by some random storms and its been straight pissing rain outside I was wondering if this will kill my seeds?

2. I don't think that'd kill em but they might get washed away or end up to deep to sprout. Just gonna have to wait and see

3. Like Sticky b said, they may get washed around a bit. But unless they get buried deeply, or the rain is icy cold, they should be OK.

Granny

4. One of many reasons it's better to start in cups..

Attached Files:

5. Its nature OP you'll be fine.

6. #6 Corto Malteze, May 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    yeah small seeds that are moved may not emerge from the soil as the tap root is moved around and damaged. Some may survive too. Sprout them indoors for 3 days about then outside under protection especially if you have few seeds and expensive genetics.  After 3 days of being out of the ground, either put them outside or keep them in for a few weeks under indoor lights (CFL) with fans blowing 24/7 for the stems. After 3 weeks indoors (or 4-5 outdoors depending on sun exposure and weather), they can take on rain on their own.

7. I put them in peat cups before I put them in the ground and it was still pretty warm today it was like 60-65 outside so I think ill be good