Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

will pre-baking herb to dry it kill the crystals?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JamisDakarXLT, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Yo, I've got some cherry pie kush and it's really smelly and covered in crystals. The crystals ( isn't that the thc ? ) are sticking to whatever the buds come into contact with. This isnt good, if thats the thc, right?

So anyways, my question is: I am going to make firecrackers cause I like that high better than smoking. Its mad good for me.
    When I make firecrackers I usually have used shwag or mids. This mj I have now is expensive, so I understand the debate on wether I'm "ruining" some fine ass herb by baking it vs smoke it cause someone took the time to cultivate/cure it etc etc.

I pre-bake it in an oven for 10 min. at 200 degrees to dry it out for a very fine "dust", which will offer a greater surface area when I bake it at 350 for 15 min. ( this tip I picked up on youtube, the logic is that a bud, when covered in peanut butter and chocolate wont "give up" all the thc to the fatty chocolate and peanut butter. MJ in a fine powder like condition has more surface area and since pot is fat soluble and peanut butter has 8& saturated fat etc etc. )

So, my question is wether the crystals on my nugs will vanish into thin air when I pre-bake them at 200 degrees for 10 min.

I am in a hurry to bake the cookies cause' I have limited access to an oven. I dont mind a bit of debate on wether I'm ruining my gram, but just respond on what you have discovered ie did the crystals disappear, are those crystals thc?

thx alot

2. lolwat

200 degrees F wont kill crystals