Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will Pot affect my meds?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by VGAddict, Jul 1, 2012.

1. I take ADHD medication, and I was wondering if the pot would have a negative effect on me because of my meds.

2. On the contrary, research has shown that marijuana may relieve some of the symptoms of ADHD. I don't think it should have any effect, as many of my friends have ADHD and smoke and they are fine.

I'm sure someone here has ADHD and they should be able to tell you for certain.

3. I use to be prescribed adderall and still smoked everyday and everything was perfectly fine

4. it should chill you the fuck out man. good thing

5. Any stimulant they would prescribe to treat your disorder won't have any negative interaction with marijuana. You may notice a slight difference in how strongly the pharmaceuticals affect you in combination with smoking... Other than something like that, you won't experience any sickness or anything that severe.

6. I use to take ADHD meds, watchout sir. Seriously those shits are bad. You will have to smoke much more also to get your high, or at least I did.

7. #7 coalition17, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
    There's a reason teens/adults with ADD/ADHD are sometimes attracted to cannabis.
    Cannabis causes a release of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin.
    That's exactly what adderall and most ADD meds do.

I came to this thread because cannabis can interfere with some psychiatric meds like antipsychotics and antidepressants.
    Meds that regulate your dopamine, nonepinephrine, and serotonin production/absorbtion can be affected negatively by cannabis, leading to either hyper levels or hypo levels, which both can cause depression.

In your case, I'd say you're fine. Shit, you could get medical grade bud that can replace your ADHD meds, but it may not be as cheap.

8. No it's bad give me your weed.

9. ADHD medicine is typically a type of amphetamine, hence why some cheap ass drug addicts use ritalin or adderal in excess as a form of speed. It wont have any negative effects you may feel a bit....off, to say the least. Adderal is the poor mans MDMA, youll be fine just take it slow, everyone reacts differently to everything