Will one light bulb work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bluebubbler, Nov 14, 2008.

1. I've got 8 germinated seeds in soil now, in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, that's walled with rellective material. I have a clip on lamp, that's clipped to the edge of the 5 gallon bucket, with one 2900K white flourescent spiral type bulb in it. Above the lamp, I have a mini-fan, blowing straight down into the bucket. The lamp has an adjustable neck, so I can place the light as far, or as close to the plants as I want. Question #1, is this enough light to get 6-8 little seedlings going? I plan on moving to a Sodium bulb after a while, how long should I wait? Last question, once the sprouts emerge from the soil, how close to them should I place my current bulb? Thanks for the help...

2. even for seedlings i would say u need more light than that.

3. use that light until they sprout out of the rockwool and then put it under your sodium asap:)

4. Hate to say this man, but youve got some correcting to do.

1 seed per pot
    Fill the pot completely to the top with soil
    Do not line the pot with reflective material
    2900K bulbs are for flowering, you want 6400K for vegetation stage
    An HPS bulb will flower a plant.
    CFL bulbs have to be within inches.

5. anony is right, putting them all in the same pot will cause the roots to grow into eachother and get tangled, and that'll be the death of your plants. If it's possible, get them into seperate containers (plastic disposable cups work fine). you said the seeds are at the bottom of the bucket? how much soil did you put in there? bucket filled halfway? a fourth of the way? less?

6. I think he means he is using the 5 gallon bucket as his grow area with the seeds planted into something smaller, sitting in the bottom of the bucket, hence why he lined the bucket with reflective material.