Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will one hit of weed be able to ruin my drug test?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DespisedIc0n, Sep 26, 2014.

1. #1 DespisedIc0n, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    I haven't smoked in 3 months up until last night, and before that about another 3 months. I took a hit last night (not even a big one, only inhaled for about 2-3 seconds, I just wanted to get the taste again since it's been a while, and it was pretty smooth shit). I didn't even get high. I don't smoke often and have never done a drug test so close to smoking, even though I didn't smoke a lot. I don't suspect one hit will detect a lot, but I don't want to be too sure. Do you think this will hurt my chances of passing? And if so, how can I clear out my system? Right now I'm drinking a ton of water, and I was told to hit the gym a lot. My drug test has to be done by monday, and knowing my dad it will probably be done on saturday. It's a piss test, by the way.

I'm 5'10, 210 pounds.

2. If it's one hit.. Most if not all the THC will be stored in your fat. Yes it will fail you.

3. 5'10 210lbs... what body fat percentage are you? If you're fat, it will linger in your stored fat for weeks if not months. And if your dad is doing a home test on you, get a friends piss. Does he measure the temperature? If not, I don't see what you're worried about

4. Big chance it will make you drop positive.. Also since you only took one hit, there's a good chance you will pass.. When I was 17 I was in rehab and I had a DT every Monday. I had to show up for class at 4:00 everyday (Mon-Friday)for 25 days. One weekend I went to Michigan and smoked a few gs with my cousin, on a Saturday. I had the test Monday and somehow I passed it. So you never know what could happen... Also I hadn't smoked for about 5 weeks before that.

I would suggest drink a lot of water 2-3 hours before your test. This will dilute your piss enough to pass but if they are gonna have a concern with you pissing clear, just drink an energy drink after your done drinking your water and your piss will have a yellow color to it... Goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Probably not worth it at all for one hit...but if it is just a parent drug testing you those at home tests are pretty easy to trick, or stash a buddies piss in the back of the toilet tank so you go in there, pour it in and thats your best bet...I doubt your dad would be watching you, if so thats creepy

Since it was last night, Monday you will most likely still test positive so if you really have to pee in the cup, drink the most ridiculous amount of water that day and dilute it.

6. Don't just drink water. Drink Gatorade so your piss won't be wicked diluted.

7. I dont think dilution matters too much with the at home tests...PS awesome name haha

8. Thanks man. And yeah I read it a little more closely after I posted and almost edited my post but then I was just like fuck it, it's not bad advice, it's just not necessarily good advice for this situation.

9. True, definitely not bad advice if it is any other sort of piss test at all too many people think they can beat court or employment tests with just diluting which definitely wouldnt work

10. Yeah all it does is buy time while making you look sketchy. And that's pretty much a best case scenario.

11. Probably not, but why take the chance?

• Like Like x 1
  12. you're fucked

• Like Like x 1
  13. yes you will fail if its a home test just drink a bunch of water and generally speaking for small amounts of weed you should give it 3 days

14. Did a home test and I was negative. Went ahead and did the legit test at the med center tonight.

15. Tell us how it went

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #17 As Above So Below, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    A lot of misinformation being thrown around here... OP you are fine..!!!

Check out some of these links...
    Urinary Elimination of 11-Nor-9-carboxy- 9-tetrahydrocannnabinol in Cannabis Users During Continuously Monitored Abstinence

This links to a PDF where I got my information from, Page #7.....

THE MARIJUANA DETECTION WINDOW: DETERMINING THE LENGTH OF TIME CANNABINOIDS WILL REMAIN DETECTABLE IN URINE FOLLOWING SMOKING

And one more PDF... From the Oxford Journals!

Urinary Excretion of 11-nor-9-Carboxy-Ag ...

If anyone bothers to download these and read through all the information I provided, you should never have to ask about drug tests anymore... These pretty much give you all the info you need...

Educate yourself! :D

17. I'm no expert (didn't take the time to google it), but Im bettin' Hell Yeah'!

18. Not if you hold it in til the test is over.

19. Sorry for the late reply, but this is more or less for the information of others at this point. I hadn't smoked pot for 3 months. I then took 3 big hits of marijuana and I got high. I was worried about it because I was applying for jobs. 2 days later I bought a "First Check" at home marijuana drug test which are $12 at Wal Mart. The result came back negative. Just to be sure, the next day, I went to a drug testing clinic to self-test. The doctor was very informative about marijuana testing and how long it stays in your system (etc.). He says if you smoke a lot then it will stay in your system for 30-45 days or longer upon quitting. He says if you smoke once every 3-6 months that it will only stay in your system for (up to) 3 days. The reason marijuana stays in your system for so long and amphetamine and heroin only stay for a few days is because those are chemicals that your body is trying to expel rather than a natural substance that your body doesn't see as harmful. I ended up passing the test at the clinic AND the home drug test. These tests are designed to detect marijuana ABUSE not a one-time-use. The standard clinical test uses gas chromatography but it still cannot detect levels of less than 10 nanograms. If you take one hit in a 3 month period, you are not going to fail a drug test. By the way I am 5'5", average build and weigh about 155 lbs.