Will Obama reschedule legalize marijuana next?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Mike Cann, Jun 22, 2012.

1. No he won't. He is bought and paid for by big-pharma (and goldman-sachs, but that's another issue).

2. He will never legalize. Maybe...just maybe it will be decriminalized in a few years but thats as far as it will go in our life times probably :(

3. i wish but doubtfuly

4. Obama's a lying sack of shit as are most politicians. :( I can't see this happening with him as our president.

5. Not gonna happen OP.

6. Not sure how you guys can say never after the ass-kicking that Leonhart took for over an hour in front of Congress. Several members are out to hang her.

There is something called momentum people and it's on our side right now, no thanks to you doubters. We're on the edge and I think we will see a lot of politicians magically seeing the light all of the sudden when they feel they may be in the minority.

7. No president will be pro-legalization until public support is regularly polling at over 65%, and then it'll be about the votes.

I give it 10 years give or take a few more explosions of fundamentalist religious meddling.

8. the system has to fall apart first. the economy has to collapse. it's the only way to get rid of terrorist groups like the DEA and CIA. And when something begins to arise to take the place of the old there needs to be young people with hangman's nooses scaring off anyone over 30. IN a society that has no spiritual practices global eeg coherency begins to drop at 35, so we don't need anyone whose brain is becoming less effective making decisions

9. We will see legalization but not while obama is president. And we also have to make sure romney doesn't get elected either. Neither him or obama will allow legalization.

10. I'm not expecting it either but anything is possible when Obama is so desperate for votes. His admin, while cracking down on our medical, escalated the war against illegal immigrants as well. Deported way more than Bush. And look at him now for votes on that issue...After the election, no chance with either of these puppets. But right now, OBAMA is desperate and just might...

11. Here's how the DNC is going to pander to tokers for 2012. It's already started. The state level democrat parties are officially supporting decriminalization. This is in hopes that locally, people will pay attention and falsely assume that Obama will follow along. I'd even go out on a limb and say there's a good chance that the national democratic party might also officially support decriminalization, depending on how low 0bama's approval rating drops. That doesn't mean that 0bama is going change anything if he gets re-elected.

Texas, Iowa and North Carolina Democratic Parties: Decriminalize Marijuana - Democratic Underground

12. The attacks on ML by several members of the Judiciary Committee has put blood in the water,,now we wait to see if the sharks in congress start a feeding frenzy on the war on marijuana,,especially if any quick thinking legislator brings up the recommendation by the Admin of the DEA that medical marijuana should be between the patient and their doctor,,,,

I expected,,before this historic grilling,,that Obama would request congress to evaluate medical marijuana approximately 3 weeks before the party nominations end,,just to act like he is going to do something.

13. I agree, but all of the "momentum" is not showing to be moving toward a true legal landscape for whole plant cannabis. It all points to Wall Street and the complicit government moving to put it in their hands while giving marijuana an image makeover in the media they also own. (Meanwhile, too many are saying we are heading in the "right direction.)
    Holder and the DEA's fuckup is political fodder for the right wing presently. They want to fry the current administration for the upcoming elections with this Fast and Furious business. It does not represent any shift in attitudes by our government to more sane policy. NOTHING eiher side of the political aisle is doing suggests as much.

Who did alcohol go to after prohibition was repealed? Huge corporations. At least you can brew your own if you so choose. That will never be the case with where they are trying to take things with cannabis. It's far too valuable with its medical and industrial applications.

14. The CIA can just fly to Columbia, get a few tons of cocaine, and sell it to all the major suppliers in the hoods across america to finance further CIA crimes.

15. The CIA had their follies in Burma during Korea and Vietnam. The puppet rulers got too rich from it and became uncooperative. Lo and behold, we are now being made to leave Afghanistan. And, lo and behold, I saw secretary of state Hilary Clinton made a "historic" visit to BURMA at the end of last year. First time in some 50 years. What a fucking coincidence, huh? :rolleyes::cool:

16. Pull your head out of your ass, and go help your poor mother in the kitchen.
    I could easily say that <30 years old = too ignorant to even understand much
    about the world we live in. But I won't. :wave:

17. #19 xdog, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
    You're right - the fact that 3 states are voting on legalization measures in Nov does not indicate any movement towards our (mine and several others) goal :rolleyes:

Of course, it was just the republicans that grilled Leonhart on weed, discussed alternatives to current prohibition and made it very clear that additional hearings would be necessary - all in an attempt to discredit Obama and his administration, right? :rolleyes:

There were hundreds, if not thousands of alcohol producers following prohibition. It wasn't just handed over to corporations - the large brewers and distillers evolved over the years due to better business practices, investors, advanced large capacity manufacturing capabilities and lower end product costs.

Image makeover? good grief man.

18. I think it will be legalized by 2020