Will Obama Legalize Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Zenneson, Apr 27, 2010.

1. No, I really don't think so. The people will have to force it on our leaders to make it legalized, unfortunatly not enough people are for marijuana.

2. No hes already fucked healthcare so Im sure he doesnt want to be remebered as the the one who legalized marijuana either

3. No, I do not see it happening. Even if the elections in November were say 94% for and 6% against legalization, he would still pull some BS. Some democracy we have.

4. no he wants to be president for another 4

5. Ha Ha ..no

6. no. he is too busy with his head up his ass about the health care bill.
    that is his claim to fame.

7. No he already has a horrible image with republicans and some dems. It would kill him and the headlines would read "First black president legalizes drugs" or something like that.

8. If he was to do anything related to marijuana, it'd be in his second term if reelected. He would almost guarantee not being reelected if he were to show his true views on marijuana that he held when he was a senator.

9. Nope, won't happen, but as the States laws slowly creep across the Nation, do we really need his "OK"?

Yeah, we'll still have all the current issues with Fed vs. States laws, but if we at least had it 100% decriminalized, that would probably be enough for me. Smoke all I want, no fear of retribution, just pay a fine if caught. Kind of like speeding in a car. I could deal with that. And if were 100% decriminalized, chances are we would hear fewer and fewer stories of Feds "busting" people.

Of course, I want nothing more than to allow MMJ use in all states, and watch the benefits of using MMJ slowly take over Big Pharma and their corruption.

10. i thought the same exact thing

11. maybe in his second term.

12. no, simple answer.

13. Simple? Yes. Useful? Not as much as including an explanation

14. No way, man. If anything, it will be decrimmed after his 7th year, assuming his policies actually works, and the public votes him in again.

15. I think that if California goes legal in November that he will not oppose it federally. Like others have said, he will not need to make the decision. He will probably let California and other states decide for themselves.

If the initiative is opposed this November, he may opt to legalize but only when he's in his second term. He would not win the second election if he was in favor of legalization. I'm sure of that, and so is he.

16. Last time I checked, we dont live in a MONARCHY. The President doesnt MAKE LAWS. The President has the power to enact an executive order but that is rarely used and would NEVER be used for such an issue as the legalization of pot. President Obama has already informed the Justice Dept./DEA to back off of medical marijuana organizations in Cali. Legalization (on a national scale) is still decades away. Too many right-wing freaks in America these days.

17. If I were him, I would push for some sort marijuana reform, in order to get some support for 2012

18. The only poltician that will do anything different with marajuna is Ron Paul.