Will My Setup Work Efficiently?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crazyhighanddry, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Hey there,

First off, let me tell you I'm quite new to the cannabis culture as well as growing. I've never grown before and I've been researching like crazy trying to find the easiest method for me to use.

I planned on getting an Aerogarden (around 2 plants) and stick it inside my closet. I was also planning to stick an Air Purifier I already have in there to reduce the smell. So, I have a couple of questions about my setup for someone that's either did this before or has ever grown before inside successfully.

My first question is will the Air Purifier really reduce the smell of the Cannabis if I stick it in there and close the closet doors? (Mine is an energy saver Thank God, so maybe if I have to leave it on all the time it isn't a problem.) Second question is, is there anyway to keep the plant under 3ft? If not, what seeds would you recommend that grow fairly short? My next question is, I know the soil and plantfood is very important so could anyone recommend a brand I could find locally that's already mixed and would work? My last question is, has anyone successfully gotten seeds in through the mail?

Additional Info:

I'm not growing to sell, I'm just growing for personal use. I've got severe anxiety and beginnings of agoraphobia. I find when I smoke, I become very relax and my anxiety is much easier to deal with. Anyways, I just though I'd "justify" my use.

Oh and one more thing: Has anyone used a Vaporizer and if so, how does this actually work? I found a nice one, but I'm wondering if it's worth the money: http://www.gotvape.com/store/rechargeable.vapir.classic.vaporizer.php

Sorry for such a lengthy post, I just wanted to get everything in there.

2. To be honest, I would read a little more and try NOT to start with an AeroGarden. For the 200 bucks you will spend, you can build a better system that will give you better results.

You could grow a Lowryder/autoflower strain which will probably stay under 3 feet. You can keep Indica dominant strains short also if you keep your plants in veg for a shorter amount of time. There are a lot of good seed banks that have stealth delivery.

As for growing needs...read this: Grandpa's Grow Guide
    It has all the info on soil and nutrition you need as a beginner. All the stickies at the beginning of each forum have pertinent info to help you get going.

And next, as for a vaporizer, I would be leary about a battery operated one. Vaporization is one of the most pure ways to deliver the thc to your system, without the other carcinogens that are in smoke, however you need to maintain a temperature of 360 degrees for optimum vaporization. Most vaporizers use a small digital ceramic heater with a thermostat to maintain that temp. I don't think a battery powered vaporizer would last as long as one that ran on 120volts. That's an opinon, not a fact. Look into a Volcano vaporizer. or a Voodoo.

Lastly, welcome to GC....and no need to justify why you use this herb that we hold in such high regard:D.......chunkdaddyo

3. Thanks for the speedy response! I'll look over the documentation you listed. I just thought the Aerogarden would be small and easy to keep under wraps if you know what I mean. I could try my hand in building something but then again I've only ever put together 2 regular fans. Lol.

About the seeds, I'm very wary of getting seeds in the mail but I realize I would probably need to the grow smaller ones in order to grow in my closet area.

Oh yeah, about the air purifier, would that be atleast somewhat effective to get rid of the smell? I was looking at the Northern Lights seeds. Although I'd only grow one or two plants and it states they have a low odor, I'd still want to get rid of atleast some of the odor.