Will my setup be fine?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Telebubbies, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Hello. So I am planning on redoing my setup, and here is what I have so far:
    600W dimmable MH light for veg, 600W hps for flower. However, the reflector is the basic one. No cool tube or anything fancy.
    4x4x6.5 foot grow tent
    Ducting with this extractor fan:

My question is, will the fan be able to do the job? I will have it hung up on the top, with the duct exiting the tent and putting the air into my ceiling. The ducting will be no more than 10 feet. So will this work? Or will it get too hot in the tent?

I am on a limited budget so I cannot really afford an amazing extractor fan. But if it cannot handle a 600W HPS light, I can always dim the ballast and the light down to 400W.

But what are your guys thoughts?

Thanks in advance

2. Your going to need a bigger fan my friend. A 200 cfm fan should work I have used the one you pictured didn't do very well

3. But the one I showed is 420CFM?

4. Yeah it's junk don't believe what it says. Like I said if ran those befor and it never even moves 1/8th of the air it said it moved

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I just searched up the apollo fan that you just showed, and yeh... Im not willing to spend $70 and an extra $140 for shipping XD. But I saw someone comment on that fan I first showed saying that it works for his 1000W HPS light.. Not too sure why you would have a different issue.
    Im having a really hard time finding an affordable fan that ships to my country

6. If you can get two of the fans you pictured and put one at each end of the ducking I didn't know shopping would be that pricy open up all the vents in your tent and dim the light to 400w.

7. That duct booster is great for moving air through very small places like cool tubes though not so much for cooling down a tent of that size. You really need an inline (high velocity) fan for that especially if/when you hook up a carbon filter. Here are a couple that are reasonably priced......

6" 400cfm

6" 440cfm

8. Yeh. But dimming a 600W bulb to 400W the whole time will damage the bulb, won't it?

9. It shouldn't

10. There are alternatives. Forget the tent and just grow auto flowers openly in a spare room since odor isn't a concern.

If you aren't confined to a closed, air scrubbed tent then it doesn't make sense to spend the extra money setting up for one. All it does is make you deal with heat issues, increasing the cost.

Since your budget is strictly limited, the right move is to ditch the tent, crank up your lights, spend $20 on a box fan and grow a pound of autoflowers. Berry Bomb performed very well for me.

In the scope of what is necessary to harvest a pound, tents literally make zero difference. Better off spending that money on decent soil and nutrients.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Already spent $250 on the tent plus shipping. Ain't ditching it now. Plus odor is an issue. I am not looking to get arrested. My tent is gonna pump the air into the ceiling

12. Already spent $250 on the tent plus shipping. Ain't ditching it now. Plus odor is an issue. I am not looking to get arrested. My tent is gonna pump the air into the ceiling

13. Maybe I don't understand the question, seems like your mind is made up.

Cheers and good luck :bongin: