Will My Professor Let Me Take The Exam?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tastyblunt7, Apr 21, 2014.

1. My 2nd examination for my history course was April 17 but i was absent. I havent contacted him but i am worried. My personal life has been a wreck filled with work, anxiety from personal things, and my unfair workshecdule was killing. I got fired blah blah. idk. i cant think. i think im having a panic attack.

2. The only thing you can do is try to talk to him and explain this. It is unlikely though, especially if he already gave the test back.

Offer to take it for half credit or something. Good luck!

3. I am so fucked. I dont think professors care if i have anxiety. i was an idiot for getting that fucking job in the first place. FUCK. im at college now. should i email him to schedule an appointment?

4. You should talk to him face to face. If that takes an appointment then set one up. I wouldn't go on and on about your excuses with him (not saying you're doing that here). Just be frank and say you were absent due to an illness and would like an opportunity to make the exam up. Offer to write a paper or something to show you're serious.

The less excuses he hears the better off you'll be. Trust me on this one. He'll be able to tell you're overwhelmed by looking at your face. Professors hear excuses from all sorts of people. Try to save him the trouble of deciding if your story is a lie or not and just ask to make the work up. Don't let this stress you out because it's one exam of many in life. It's not going to make or break you.

5. see your dr about the anxiety prior and take that info with you to discuss the exam with the schools DEAN...

oddly they may HAVE to let you take the exam if you have a medical reason for missing it, i.e..you were suffering a panic attack and had anxiety about discussing it with a 'stranger'...

6. The sooner you talk to him the better, so it doesn't sound like something you made up after as an excuse.

7. I learned last year that professors are surprisingly understanding. They try to give you all this shit in high school that if you fuck up in college that's it and nobody is gonna try to help you cause you're an adult. Believe it or not most profs want people to pass their classes. Go talk to him, there's literally no way it could hurt. Although, this is assuming he hasn't handed the tests back yet. A lot of profs are really lazy and wouldn't want to make you a new version of the test to take. If anything you could work out an extra credit assignment or something?

8. I just lost it all for 2 weeks straight. Idk what happened. i was having panic attacks left and right. going into to work as a waiter (ihop) and my work shcedule was crazy. ive been missing classes and deadlines my first job and i got fired from it. My brain doesnt even feel like its working right now.

I feel like crying right now. The exam was April 17 and i had no idea. Its like i was in my own world of anxiety i was blind to everything that mattered. i wish i never got a job and focused on school. 

With a 40 hour work week, and 15 hour school week, plus house showings that force my family to leave the house i dont even know what happened. Thank god im not working now because it was too much but now its time to fix this. The ihop job was giving me extra anxiety i couldnt handle. I dont feel like "having a meltdown" is an excuse tho... :( It doesnt sound like one to me personally. i should have woken up and emailed my professor about my problems from the start.

9. Im also quiting weed. I became pretty dependent on it last couple of weeks to get me to calm down and through the day. Ive been stuck in a haze. But i appreciate all the replies. I added all my grade points and it turns out that if i get a 0 on this exam my grade will drop from an A to a C..i bet if he let me take it for even half off i would atleast get a B

10. Don't e-mail him, go see him during office hours and before your next scheduled class. Tell him what happened. Offer to take it for half credit or a point deduction. Tell him it was a complete fluke that you had to miss for that reason, it won't happen again, and missing a test is not something you ever do. ...And make sure you don't miss another.

11. #11 Bamboobam, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Should of talked to him prior to the exam, then he could of easily rescheduled your exam. Send him an e-mail or drop in during office hours. 9 times out of ten he will respond anyway and if he says no, you gotta take it and move on. Hopefully if you aren't able to take it, it doesn't fuck up your grade too much. Better yet talking to him is better as puds said.

12. That's good, but if you want to make an extra effort to possibly try to get a higher grade, you should chat with the prof.

13. I did this once in college. I told him that I was there and took the exam. He acted all pissed and was like "I've never had an exam go missing in 15 years blah blah blah" but I kept a straight face and he eventually apologized and let me take the test. on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. lol that is a risk i am NOT willing to take. That takes balls.

15. Yeah sometimes I do things that make me cringe when I think back on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Talk with him ASAP! The longer you wait the less likely he will accept your excuse! You should have been on the phone with him that day or the 18th!  Since you are now very late (2 school days), face to face would be your best bet! Good luck, hon!

Granny