will my plants get taller??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by goldenbrown, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Hello i have been worrying that my plants are too short and this will affect yield. Basically i have 8 cheesexbigbud cuttings which i vedged for 17days under a 600 mh and then switched to 12x12 with 3x600 hps and have now been on flower for 11 days but they are only 16inches tall,iswitched to 12x12 when they were 11 or 12inches. My last few grow have been kush which get quite tall am i just worrying over nothing? Is this just a trait of cheesexbigbud to stay short or should i give them more time? And if they do not get much taller will this affect yield? Oh yeh im growing in dr240w grow tent with 2xintake fans filter and a few clip on fans,temps 70 night and 82 day..oh and used bud blood to kick in flowering in first week first time i used. please some1 put my mind at rest

2. There is only one answer to your question:

U put the clones into flower too soon.
    17 days is hardly enough veg time to
    mature a plant.

Its unable to handle the nutes because
    it still has a toddlers stomach, so to speak.

It does, however, want some Phosphorous (P).

Yes, it will affect yield in a big way.

Thats the ugly truth of it. Sorry dude.

Patience ;)

Freak
    :smoke:

3. Thanx for reply but im confused because i always start to induce flower after 18 days of vedging rooted clone and usually my plants get to about 3ft by harvest and yield bout 4 oz each but usually im growing kush strains. I chose this cheesexbigbud strain hoping to get a bigger yield , is this strain still capable of yielding ok even though being short which is what im hoping or does it take a while longer to stretch a bit??????????

4. just measured some and they have grown 2 or 3 inches in the last 36 hours so mayb all is ok and im just paraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5. Of course they'll give u some bud, but
    try vegging for 30 days minimum and
    you'll see double the yield.

Freak
    :smoke: