Will my plants be fine ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by markymark420, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Where I’m at temps get up to 100 degrees sometimes over so I placed my plants where they won’t get that heat all day, sun comes up on their side and around noon it’s right above them and the shade starts to hit them. Will they still grow fine or do they need longer direct sun light? I have been rotating every few days just to be safe
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Wouldn't see why that would be a issue. As long as they are hydrated, receiving sun on all parts of the plant and you have a breeze then they should be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 100°+ temps aren't a problem but your plants will handle those temps much better if you cover the top of your soil with some mulch. Also if you can shade the pots from the sun. Wrapping the pot with some of that foil backed bubble wrap works great but even just leaning a scrap of wood against it is better than the 100° sun cooking your roots.

The very best solution would be to sink those pots into the ground.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Shade just hit them so should I move them to where they get more sun ?
    [​IMG]

5. YES! Get em in the sun! Just make sure they are hydrated and get some breeze daily and you will be fine!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks, I moved them to where they get about 8 hours of direct sunlight

• Like Like x 2
  7. as mentioned foil around pots and mulch is your friend,i only shade my stuff between 2 and 4 pm

• Like Like x 1
  8. If this were me I'd find the sunniest spot in my yard. I would bury the pot at least 3/4s of the way to help keep the soil cool, then apply a thick layer of mulch over the entire area.

Edit: Especially the smaller pot. I might even think of transplanting that one in a bigger pot or in a big ole hole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Making a hay run for the horses tomorrow so I will be covering the tops with hay, smaller pot is about 3 weeks into flowering I don’t really want to transplant it now.
    I do a lot of research but of course help on here is always help ful with better understandings.
    What’s the best way to get rid of this ? IMG_0870.JPG IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0878.JPG
    Also the taller plant is the only one that is a different strain. It’s Gelato.og and it’s the only one with fan leaves yellowing and dying. What can be causing this ? Is it genetics or ?
    Only difference is the pots. The plant with the best looking leaves is actually in the worst soil just cause when it was ready to be transplanted I wasn’t available and I had some one do it for me and now the soil is really hard takes a while for water to run through but I have no problems with that plant.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What’s the best way to get rid of this ?
    Spray with Greencure weekly.
    Green Cure Fungicide for Powdery Mildew | Planet Natural

I worry more about what the new growth looks like. Your gonna get some yellowing on older growth, especially in flower.

Neem once every three days for two weeks to break the egg cycle. I've done it in flower with no ill effects.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dishsoap + water in a spray bottle if you can't order anything. Works great for spidermites. Cheap, eco/plant/human friendly and is effective.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The morning Sun on them is best to burn off the dew. Shade from the late afternoon Sun helps water requirements. As long as they aren't in darkness they are fine from direct sun all day. But, Don't park them under the eaves of the roof. Rain will destroy them. They look good!

• Like Like x 1
  13. First picture is powdery mildew.
    GreenCure to get rid of it. PM is a bitch if its not dealt with right away.
    Second picture is leaf miners. No big deal because they only affect the leaves and very rarely get out of hand. Neem will take care of these little bastards.
    Third picture is spider eggs. Spiders are a gardeners friend. They eat all the bad guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. The more direct sunlight your plants get the more growth they will have or the better flowers they will create during the bud cycle. 100+ degrees shouldn't cause any problems for pot, just make sure you give them enough water, it will evaporate fast in the heat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. So this happened today. Will the plant still grow ? What should I do ? (4 pics from same plant )
    IMG_0978.JPG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0987.JPG IMG_0984.JPG

How does this plant look ? Does it look like it’s growing fine ? IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0991.JPG View attachment 2830757

Also the bottom of one of my plants have sorta heavy mildew spots forming is it fine if I just cut them off ?

16. More images of smaller plant flowering
    [ ATTACH=full]2830759[/ATTACH] IMG_0983.JPG

Attached Files: