Will my plant produce seeds?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ElevatedPsyche, Jul 20, 2020.

1. I only have one plant growing outside that's almost 2 months old and my purpose is to be self-sufficient. I don't want to keep buying new seeds. Unfortunately my other 3 plants couldn't make it, but this one is going very strong and is nice and bushy.

I know that cannabis generally needs the opposite sex to reproduce, but I don't have that luxury right now. My question is, will she hermie if I leave her going long enough until close to the fall season so she gets desperate and perhaps seed herself?

2. I think she will but the seeds that come from self pollination are hermies as well

3. Can you clone it? Or do you want seeds for next year?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don't have experience with this however to my understanding you're in the right ball park

You are talking about rodelization, keeping a plant alive past the harvest window forcing their last ditch effort to keep the species alive by throwing sacks, however I dont think she will have enough time to pollinate and develop seeds herself before dying, but I could be wrong of course, all I know is that it's an emergency function of the plant

If you dont have any more seeds and want to self pollinate your best bet is probably to stress herm her but of course you need to be aware of passing the hermi genetics to the seeds as already mentioned

5. Thanks for the replies, everyone. I understand that if I get seeds from her, the next generation will have the hermie gene. At my current budget, that's all I can do for my personal use, so I'll have to get by.

That's a really good idea, thanks! I think I'll try to clone and get seeds for next year, cuz why not!

6. If you let this plant go too long you'll lose a bit of potency and it may not work anyway. Maybe you'll get a few bucks for Christmas or your birthday. Mow the neighbor's yard and you can buy some good genetics.