Will my plant be fine?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GermanPothead, Jun 23, 2010.

1. i dont want a huge ginormous bitch so if i keep it in a smaller pot itll be fine?

Btw this is outside

2. Here's what I used to do to keep them small when I grew outdoors in the Mojave desert: Get a big cardboard box and cover it in the evening so that it starts the 12/12 cycle(make sure you time it right). It worked great for me so that I wouldnt have a huge 8 foot monster. You could also plant later in the year so that it doesnt have much time to veg. Dont forget topping and tieing down too. Lots of ways to keep em short.

3. Well my plant sprouted jun1st if that helps any in about a gal pot

4. "small" and "short" are 2 different things. You can do some major lst and topping and grow a monstrous,....LOW....bush.waist high, 4' round, no problem.

A 1 gallon pot is trouble no matter what you want to do. Once flowering begins, it will be root bound within a week, 2 tops.

The earlier you transplant, the better.

If you get more specific with your wants, I can help you some more, Bong Reaper is right, lots of ways to make them do what you want.

5. Check out LBH's LST guide for sure, hes the LST king. Awesome stuff. Make ya some hooks out of some extra wire hangers and your golden :D

6. Yeah keeping it in a pot thats to small wont just stop it from growing taller, it will stop it from growing period. As in tiny buds....

7. Well i dont wanna lst i just need a smaller grow not large.

Will topping it keep it shorter but more tops? i never understood that?

8. Small pots = small buds. If you want to keep plants small, you have to LST.

9. Ok how big of a pot do i need to LST?

10. Pot size does not matter. Its the room around the pot. LSTing is just bending over the branches. That way, it keeps it short, and gives under growth/small branches way more light, thus making them turn into main branches. So it will end up being a little bush.

11. how deep and wide would i need then

12. Well. You need a 15+ gallon pot. Just for root room. And, You can just tie the branches down with strings tied to bricks or rocks, ETC. As long as it holds the branch down.

13. ya F that. all i want is like a 2 or 3 foot plant can i only do that inside

14. 15 gallon pot?!?!? Do they even make pots that big?

15. Yes? Maybe you don't need 15 gallons. But, at least 7 gallon pots.

16. What do you expect to do? Grow a plant in a pot sized for a seedling? If you want a small plant, it's either LST or genetics. Grow some low ryders.

lowryder seeds