will my parents know if I drop out of college

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by d.m.t dreams, Oct 21, 2009.

1. They paid my books and class so I can be in my moms insurance, so now I'm stuck in school but I don't want t go and am failing almost every class. How can they find out if I drop out for a while. Or atleast just go to 1 class. I just hate school and don't think i'm ready.

2. drop before its too late. that way you get a "w" and not a failing grade

3. Will my parents find out?

4. ya most likely. but they also wont be pleased with failed courses. save your gpa if that is of concern...

5. How? Can they find out. If I chech mail daily can I get away with it. Ima make those clases up when I am ready.

6. you shouldn't have gone to college if you weren't ready. save your parents some money and just be straight up with them. don't hide the fact you dropped out, I'm sure they'll find out pretty quick.

Just out of curiosity... you really hate college? I know it's not easy first semester, but still, I think a good education is something you should value if it is made available to you...

If it's not your thing, do some searching and figure out what you really want. Get your head right and don't dick your parents around.

7. "Will they find out"...Homie you plan on faking it for 4 years? They are gonna find out sooner or later.

8. Well maybe just for these classes only and then get back into college

9. i dropped out of college to pursue a culinary arts field back a while back

my parents werent exactly pleased but they were happy i told them and didnt waste 4 years of their $ paying for something i didnt like/ do great at

10. ya ima tell them but not right now.
    they cant really find out if i dont say anything right.

11. #11 oooohsuper, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
    well, if you're not in school&eighteen or older your parents will be notified by their health insurance company that you will no longer be covered. so yes, they will find out one way or another.

there's still a good chunk of the semester left, you could probably still catch up and salvage your grades. i know i'm pretty far behind in some of my work and i really would just love to drop out&not bother, but i know if i continue to make up my work (getting partial credit is better then no credit) i could still get fairly decent grades. so while you may be doing badly now you still have more tests/quizzes, essays, midterms (if you haven't had them yet), projects and finals which means you'll have more opportunities to boost your grade. try talking to your professors. remember, they were in your shoes at one point in time and i'm sure they can remember what it was like to be an undergrad. i know all the professors i've had (from two different colleges) were more then willing to help me out.

i suggest talking to someone at your school's advising center. they can help you look at all your options (completing the semester, withdrawal, leave of absence, etc.,) and they can tell you when the last day to withdraw is (depending on your school's deadlines you may or may not be able to get a refund). if you choose to stay they can help you plan how you can make up any late work you may have and help you stay on schedule for the remainder of the semester.

if after you've thought about it thoroughly and looked at all of your options and you still feel like college isn't for you at this point in time then withdraw. if you don't [withdraw] and just bomb your classes not only will your gpa take a blow, but you could be in trouble with the school (i.e., academic probation).

12. ay thanks for that great response.
    ya i am thinking of just trying super hard the rest of the semester but thinking of stop going to one class because i just cant pass it.
    will it still count?

13. if it's one class you're worried about i would try talking to the professor first. see if there's any way possible you could still pass. if so, then i say stick with it. like i said, most professors are more then willing to help their students (provided their students actually go to them for that help).

however, if there's no way you can pass it then i would withdraw from that class. usually a withdrawal will go down as a W on your transcript with no adverse effects on your gpa or academic standing with the school. just make sure the withdrawal period hasn't passed.

14. The short answer is yes - there's no way in hell they will never find out, in fact it probably wouldn't take very long

15. hahaha of course they will man

16. are you sure you're in college :confused:

17. Yeah, basically.

Dude, you sound kind of irresponsible. I mean, first year is hard, I am experiencing it too. But you cant be failing all your classes already... I mean... its early on still.

Your parents will find out, and the fact that you LIED to them will make them not trust you ever.

So, come clean, tell them you want out. If you dont, youre wasting your time and money.

I would shape up if I were you... either start trying to regain some marks, or switch programs. What else will you do if not attend a post-secondary school:confused: (my question mark key is fucked) In order to succeed (well it helps a damn lot) you need an education nowadays. Seriously reconsider the situation youre in and try and restore a sense of equilbrium to this mess.

Good luck.

18. I'd be pissed if I had a kid that dropped behind my back...They're going to find out eventually and maybe try and not waste their money?

19. Stop smoking so much weed and go to class.

20. Wow I acually wish I wasint eexpected to go to college. What's wrong wish just working.