Will my nail grow back? **WARNING graphic PHOTOS**

Discussion in 'General' started by xHighImStoned, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Hey GC, I know this is post may be a little odd but this has never happened to me so I'm kind of paranoid. Long story short the fabric of my mattress caught my nail and ripped half of it off. I'm wondering if it will go back to normal and heal correctly? Like will there be any permanent damage or will it look weird or anything?! I know I don't need a hospital or anything, but is there any else I should put on it besides the typical peroxide wipes and a band-aid? Thanks. sorry if the warning was a bit "unnecessary", some people are grossed out easily ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390415018.077755.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390415063.317976.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390415107.317203.jpg

2. yea it will grow back just keep the area dry n make sure it doesnt get infected but itll grow back just give it some timeSent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I advise a swift amputation!

4. Shouldn't you go to a doctor?

5. #5 Yoda, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    will heal fine dude.. keep it uncovered whenever you can and it will heal quickly.
    when ever working or around dirty objects cover it, then open it up when not..
    the faster it dries out the faster it will heal..

6. Just put some Neosporin on it and a band aide. You'll be okay. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I've seen a guy have his entire fingernail ripped off..that was graphic. It did grow back though..weird how that works.

8. Nope, OP is more than likely already dead from blood-loss.

Surely someone here has to be a doctor?

this slows the healing process...just so you know

10. [quote name="Yoda" post="19386618" timestamp="1390415993"]this slows the healing process...just so you know[/quote]The band aide or Neosporin?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Man...I bet it'd be a bitch if that thing got infected

12. If you take biotin the nail will grow in faster and stronger. Plus it's good for your skin and hair!

13. Last year I fell on a skateboard and my whole nail got ripped off. It hurt like a bitch. Took like 2 months to be back to normal. When it first started growin back it had a lump in it but that went away after like a month. Shouldn't be any permanent damage. The skin under the nail feels awesome after it heals. But is very sensitive, some kid hit my hand in school and I almost shed a tear.

14. lmao! reminds me of going to havasu misbehaving all weekend and both of my friends big toenails were hanging off all fucked up so we mighty mended them back onto her toe, gotta keep the party going!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. [quote name="nesw" post="19386668" timestamp="1390416625"]lmao! reminds me of going to havasu misbehaving all weekend and both of my friends big toenails were hanging off all fucked up so we mighty mended them back onto her toe, gotta keep the party going!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]With mascara and toothpaste and stuff? Little chewed up gum? :DSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. noo with mighty mend it! lol that shit that billy mayes used to scream about on the TV

17. I ripped my toenail off while I was cooking once. It looked worse then that and it returned after some time. 
    You're good OP. 

18. [quote name="nesw" post="19386692" timestamp="1390416840"]noo with mighty mend it! lol that shit that billy mayes used to scream about on the TVSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Oh!!!! LOL! Yes, he was a screamer, fo sho!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #19 Cawdswallup, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    He's dead now.

20. hence the used to ;)