Will my cat hate me for this

Discussion in 'Pets' started by MCherrypoppins, Feb 16, 2015.

1. So our cat sassy beans is literally the best cat I've ever had. She does tricks , comes when you call her , sleeps in the bed between us , is a constant cuddle bug , and is just like our furr baby. But something I've noticed about her is she is just a person cat like she only treats us this way and she can be kinda bitchy towards other animals Except dogs she loves chasing them around and them chasing her . Anyway has anyone ever had a pet like this and gone through the motions of introducing down the road another pet . It's just we love her so much I we don't want her to hate us for getting a kitten that my sister in laws cat is having .

This is sassy what do you think? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424051468.807749.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424051486.423696.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424051508.112440.jpg

*Follow your heart , load the bong , spread the joy because life is short . Don't judge just love*

2. #2 KroopaTroopa, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    When you get a new kitten, if you isolate them into one room for a week or so and don't let your new cat see it, then Sassy will get used to the cat's new scent and lingering presence in the house, even if she hasn't ever seen the kitten before. After about a week have short watched socialization in the room you've been keeping the kitten in. They may growl and hiss at each other, but if they don't attack each other then let them do their thing. Then remove Sassy, and repeat this until they become normal with each other. Some cats do just hate other cats unconditionally though, so if Sassy doesn't seem to warm up to the kitten in a few weeks, it's best for both of them you find the kitten a new home. However, using that method I've never had a friend or family member need to remove the kitten from the household.

Best of luck, she looks like a cutie.

(Also she won't hate you! She probably won't even associate the introduction of the kitten with you.)

3. When I was 15 I brought home a kitten (must have been about a 7 weeks old) and our family cat (Milo) viciously tried to attack it... but I think that was my fault for not introducing them properly.