Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

will my bud go bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dinnerroll, May 3, 2010.

1. So I bought this a few days ago from my local collective. i keep it in this plastic container(see pic) in a wooden box in a drawer in my dresser. how long would it take for it to go bad? and how worried should i be about weed mold in general?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thats a pic of my bud as of 3 minutes ago.

2. Thats some weird looking bud but anyways, as long as its been cured properly it should be fine the way you mentioned your storing it. If your really concerned, I suggested that once a day open up the container and air it out for a minute and rearrange the nug(s). It'd could last for a couple months this way.

3. its bottom shelf stuff. youre not the first to tell me it looks weird but nobody has ever really explained why.

4. It doesn't look like schwag but just leafy. I'd smoke it :D

5. haha right on. all i needed to hear :smoke:

6. The weed can go stale. I have mine in a tupperware and its air tight which helps keep hte smell in and keeps it fresh.

7. yeeea. so i just took the lid off for a couple minutes and it doesnt really smell at all anymore :/

8. To the Danks, idk why you suggested opening the container once a day....thats exactly what you want to avoid when you want to keep your bud fresh. Its like opening your refigerator for 3 hours a day every day. Food will go bad and then no one is happy. Next time I would suggest only touching it/opening the conteriner/getting a better one?/ when your ready to smoke it

9. Looks a little leafy but as previously said, i would smoke it :D

Look around your house for a jar and some bags you can put it in :) The more airtight the better. Oh and even if the jar is air tight still put it in a sealed bag or something just to keep it fresh.... thats what i do lol if it lasts that long haha

happy toking :smoke:

10. Keeping bud stashed away for a couple days or even a week won't really do much to your weed. Just put the bud in an airtight nug jar if you can get your hands on one and that'll make your trees stay fresh much longer. I think that "weed going bad" is slightly played out because my dad found a quad in his tuxedo pocket from 5 years ago when he smoked. He gave that shit to me and, although it was a little harsh to smoke, I got blown and didn't get sick. I'm sure some people are gonna think that's stupid as fuck, but whatever I got high so it's all good. :smoke: You'll be fine OP, just don't let your cat eat it or do anything dumb like that.

11. Your weed wont go bad for a while. It may not smell as much, but it wont become unpotent. And they way your storing it is fine. But glass jars with the rubber seal around the lid are best. Id say your pot will be good for atleast a year keeping it the way you have it.

12. eleeschalow, Weed is cured by storing it in airtight jars and every once in a while your supposed to open the jar and air it out and rearrange the nugs, it keeps the nugs and the air around them fresher, rather than old and stale. Its not like i told him to open the jars for 3 hours.

13. Get an air-tight container. If air gets to it and it has any moisture whatsoever, then yes, it will go bad.

14. Make sure its in a tight container, It should stay nice and fresh.

15. If you have a mealsaver/vaccuum sealer, I know a guy who stores his in one of those cannisters, and he claims it stays good for at least a year.