Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will my brownies work? - EVALUATE MY WORK

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GlitterPaws, Mar 19, 2010.

1. I need the help from the chefs of GrassCity!

I recently embarked on a journey to make "Magic Brownies", using a slight variation of Hashmouf's Cannabutter.

HOW I MADE CANNABUTTER:
    1) Melted two sticks of butter in a pot.
    2) Added 10 grams of ground up "mid-grade" Cannabis.
    3) Let it simmer for about 10 minutes on low.
    4) Added 3/4 cup of water.
    5) Brought the mixture up to a boil, and then cooled it immediately.
    6) Let it simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
    7) Put mixture in a bowl, and put it in the refrigerator.
    8) Waited one hour.
    9) Brought out mixture, and re-heated in the same pot, and basically followed the same method of heating. ( I did not add extra water this time )
    10) Strained mixture into bowl, and then put it in the fridge for 24 hours.
    11) Scraped the cannabutter off the top of the bowl, and discarded the water.

Overview: Smelled like it should, and had a green color to it.

HOW I MADE THE BROWNIES:
    1) Mixed one egg, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup water, and the cannabutter in a bowl. (Probably about 1.5 cups or more of cannabutter, but remember, only 10 grams, and with our heating method)
    2) Added in Ghirardelli brownie mix.
    3) Put mix in a greased 8x8 brownie pan.
    4) Heated on 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes, then another 30 minutes at 325 degrees.

Overview: The recipe called for 1/4 cup water, and we used 1/2 cup water. The recipe called for 40-45 minutes at 325 degrees, but we put it in at 275 for safety, but then when it wasn't solidifying we increased the temperature.

They turned out looking like normal brownies, so at least that worked out fine.

The things I think could prove troublesome:
    -We didn't use enough Cannabis.
    -We didn't heat the Cannabis and butter long enough to activate THC. (while making cannabutter)
    -We heated the brownies at too high of a temperature.

What do you all think? Will they have any effect? They are cooling right now, and I am not going to try one until next weekend, they are for a certain night.

I am free to answer any questions that will help clarify my method.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help.
    Regards,
    GlitterPaws :D

2. Im looking to make similar ones, except with an ounce of high mid grade bud per lb of butter. Tell me how those brownies come out. hope they r fun man

3. #3 DarkShrouds, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
    What is the butter fat content? THC is highly organically soluble and the higher the fat content, the better. Also, it might be better to make oil out of your weed. I use 2 tbsp of my oil mixture in a batch of good regular brownie box mixes and they get me happy and high for an hour or two.

You can also probably extract it out with oil as well by letting it seep in the oil for a day or so. The THC was activated in the butter. When you bake the brownies you remove the carboxylic acid from THCA and create d9-THC. It is likely you did not have enough bud or butter was bad. You need about a half gram of good weed for every square. 8x8 pan, 16 squares, 8g of greens at least. Since you used enough bud, they should be good. The real question is how well the butter did and how potent. The mix you used is the same as mine.

My brownies are about 1/8 tbsp per square, or about .75-.9g of bud per square as oil.

4. hey i'm sounding like a total newb right now but do you think i could make a tiny batch of brownies with 3 grams of mids?