Will my bent stalk straighten?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by forsakic, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Hey everyone, last night, I put my 1 day old plant in a closet with a compact flourescent bulb. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hang the bulb directly overhead the plant; it was to the side. Now the stalk leans towards one side -- where the light source was all night.

If I adjust the light so it's overhead, will the stalk straighten out? Thanks.

2. yes it will straighten up, your plant will follow that light, if the light is to the left of the plant it will grow left,,,,best to keep it directly above it....all is good.

3. yea if u straighten the light then the stalk will straighten again, but try not to move the light around too much cuz then the plant will just be all bent and die
    it happened to my last plant..:(

4. There are brown spots on the edge of the underside of the leaves what do I do

5. first go read about the deficiencies cannabis plants can have..match the symptoms, correct the problem.

6. Pictures?

Most of the time your plants will grow towards the light, back in the days of the outdoor grows, i notices at sun rise most of the leaves pointed eastish and sunset they went westish. Its just the plants natural way of getting more light. :D

7. I dont have a way to upload a picture right now... And was wondering how far away to keep a 65 watt bulb from the sprout and for how long?

8. That depends on a few things, There should be a thread here somewhere, but a few things to keep in mind is Temp, dont burn the plant and make sure youre getting maxx lum for your buld, you might want to grab a few more CFLs, 65 watts isnt to much i run a 250 cfl on one plant and i still fear not giving it enough light. You can get 100 watt CFLs at homedepot for like 15$ each. Amazon has 250 watts for 30 bucks but it has a special socket.

9. Its perked up alot I had another question it would explain its self with a picture but yet again I dont have a way to upload...the first set of rounded leaves tht came up on my sprout, one of them is curved down to the stem but is as green as green can get, there are only the first leaves and its bout as tall as two links on my pinky finger, im trying to keep it as short as possible

10. I overwatered my seedling and knocked its ass flat on the ground

leaves still did their photosynthesis tho, stem was feeding still, so in 2 days it was right back up straight

patience.

11. Whats the question? Unless you have a huge pinky that is pretty short, so you shouldnt have a problem with it being big or small. :smoking:

12. [quote name='"hello ladies"']I overwatered my seedling and knocked its ass flat on the ground

leaves still did their photosynthesis tho, stem was feeding still, so in 2 days it was right back up straight

patience.[/quote]

Hahahahaha hahahahaha

13. Is it ok to put a fan on my sprout?

14. Sure, dont put like a huge 1k btu box fan or anything, but a little desk fan is fine, helps strengthen their stalk and keeps fresh air coming. :wave:

15. Thanks much...what about a purple stalk? Does that mean there's something wrong?