Will money be the destruction of humans?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SniperKitty, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Oh man oh man I wish I never saw this documentary. *Warning* the documentary is 2 hours long. The youtube video below is a 45 minute video about it. It goes over it really well, it it sparks your interest you can move on to the documentary.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8]Money As Debt - Full Length Documentary - YouTube[/ame]

The first documentary was made in 3 parts, mostly conspiracy theory based. I see most posts about the documentary is only on his first work, and very little is said about this. Our financial breakdown. Now I didn't stop at this, I looked into it, and to me it seems like a very unavoidable possibility.

So if you have a bowl and a few hours give it a view, tell me if I'm just crazy to worry, or is this really a legit concern. It's something I've never thought about, and absolutely mind blowing how we could do this to ourselves. I'm finding it hard to find peace now and I need some open minds to let me know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewGMBOB4Gg]Zeitgeist Addendum - YouTube[/ame]

If this is in the wrong thread area I'm sorry feel free to move it. I figured this would be the best place to find people to watch.

2. Would you be able to sum it up? I really don't feel like watching a 45 minute video, but I am interested in this topic..

3. Basically our money system used to be backed by something. You could turn a dollar bill into the bank for the gold the paper represented. It actually stood for something. Banks are making trillions of dollars out of thin air now, nothing to back it, when you take a dollar into a bank it is only tradeable for a dollar bill. Meaning it's worth nothing.

The basis of the documentary is that our global economic standing is based on a currency that can only keep going at the total destruction of humanity. Our environment is being destroyed because it's cheaper, while people are replaced by cheaper machines, causing more poverty and unemployment. We make more than enough food, and have the technology right this very instant to change our planet, but because of this money paradigm we live in, we need a piece of paper to make it happen. And nobody will invest in something effiecent and sustainable, there is no profit. For if it doesn't break down, need constant fuel or upkeep, or becomes obsolete quickly, it's not profitable. So basically, money to humanity, means we can not progress anymore under our current system.

The tree doesn't ask for money when you pick an apple from it. Money is a myth and a lie, it was used before because humans have always had scarcity. It is obvious now that with our technology and science we no longer have that issue, and there are ways around our current problems with shortages of farmable land and polluted water supply. Why does it make since that we throw away bananas almost rotted from a grocery store, while a child sits and starves because he/she doesn't have a piece of paper, but it would be very much available if only she had it?

What I liked most about the documentaries is it gave a solution, the 3rd one made in 2011 answered almost every question I had about a sustainable world. But the deeper I looked into the theory that our money is a lie, and that our monetary system will be the fall of humanity, I found it to be shockingly true. If we payed back all of our debt right now, there would be NO dollar in circulation at all, and we would still have to pay interest to the banks. Money is debt, they literally make money out of thin air. It's about to collapse on us, you see it in every country.

Sustainability (clean energy, wind power, hydroponic grown food which can be grown UP like a skyscraper saving space) for humans is not profitable, and we are in a paradigm that keeps us from saving our only home because it won't give us future money. "If you believe money is more important than environment, then hold your breath while counting all your money."

4. hasn't money pretty much already destroyed us?

5. fuckin money

religion

and politics

those three will, yeah.

6. Almost, that's what I think is so scary for me. And my lack of faith in humanity along with the little time we have left to change ourselves I don't think humans have the ability or WANT to do something. So sad because we can change.

7. If you wanna understand today's monetary system and how it came to be then research the Federal reserve and look up quotes from founding fathers on central banks like this one.

“The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. ”

Thomas Jefferson

8. I also highly recommend this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCPxabSe_9E]The American Dream (FULL LENGTH)[/ame]

9. Idk but money was created by evil sooo doing good with money which is Evil is technically almost next to impossible might be a plausible stepping stone into inventing a more GOOD technique in life than money like wtf.

10. [quote name='"OOBubblesOO"']

“The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. ”

Thomas Jefferson[/quote]

Come on people, we need to look at the past to better our future! WAKE THE FUCk UP ALREADY!

Any time I try to tell people about the corrupt foundation of bullshit we are a part of they just say I'm worrying too much. Then they proceed to watch entertainment news so they can find out what brad Pitt had for breakfast. Because that's what's really important right?!! I wish I could just slap the shit out of some people.

11. it will. money is a fucked up system. we have the full ability to do tons of shit but not the money. how the fuck does that make any sort of sense? it;s because no one trusts each other. countries are arming themselves to protect form other countries arms. so in turn they stockpile more arms. it's a repeating cycle.

12. No it won't. The fact that the US dollar isn't backed by anything may make it much less valuable one day, but money itself serves a purpose in society.

The three functions of money are store of value, unit of value, and medium of exchange.

Money is needed in society. You can do bad things with it, but money itself is necessary.

Most of you all have no idea what you're talking about and it's pretty funny. LOL

13. I don't think you understand.

What is the difference between a US 1$ Federal reserve note and $1 Monopoly game money?

14. [quote name='"Runningw235"']No it won't. The fact that the US dollar isn't backed by anything may make it much less valuable one day, but money itself serves a purpose in society.

The three functions of money are store of value, unit of value, and medium of exchange.

Money is needed in society. You can do bad things with it, but money itself is necessary.

Most of you all have no idea what you're talking about and it's pretty funny. LOL[/quote]

You're right, money does store value. How the f... is a federal reserve note storing any type of value? What value does it have? It's a piece of paper. The value of our precious federal reserve note depreciates as we speak. That's not exactly storing value now is it?

An you already know its not sustainable because its not backed by anything valuable.
    Your wallet isn't even full of money. Just some soon-to-be worthless green pieces of paper. Just wait, you'll see before the end of your life if you're not elderly.

Stop kidding yourself lol.

People need to wake up before its too late. Humanity is going into uncharted territory ladies and gents. The world has never seen a global, bloated, unsustainable, economic system (which billions of people rely on) before. Before, when an unsustainable economy collapsed it was localized. Now if our economy collapsed so would the worlds. Who knows what that would look like, I dunno if it would be pretty though

If I had over 1,000,000$ I would probably have it in a china-friendly, independent country's off-shore responsible bank account for sure... Jus saying.

People won't realize how ignorant they have been until they get slapped across the face... I swear.

15. ^ MY POINT exactly!

You guys all need to watch the video I posted, sure it's long but it is the most important video you will find on youtube.

Gold and silver are the real money and have been the only real money for thousands of years.

16. you are the only one that took intro macroeconomics i think.

most people dont know anything about economics, their knowledge comes from youtube videos, ron paul, etc.

17. It's value is based in the faith of our government. Fiat currency still has value as one can go out and purchase goods or services with it. I agree that the fiat system usually ends in failure but to say that fiat currency is worthless is wrong.

Money is not the cause of the worlds problems. This idea kind of reminds me of the argument that guns kill people. Just like guns, money is just a tool and humans are the ones wielding it. The problems of corporations placing profit over human life and the environment is not the fault of money, it is the fault of the people doing terrible things for money. Money is a essential tool for an efficient capitalist society and anyone who says otherwise probably hasn't taken an economics course.

P.S. while the zeitgeist movies are good in that they get a person thinking and have some interesting ideas, many of the theories in them have been debunked.

18. I understand that money serves a purpose in society. There will always be a need for money. I've taken economics and I understand this. I however don't want a private entity owning the printing rights of u.s. currency. Do you honestly think a business is doing what's best for the people or do you think a business ( the federal reserve ) is trying to make as much money as possible like any other business? It's pretty easy to do when the PRIVATE fed reserve also sets the inflation rate.

The idea of money is awesome and vital to any society. Its the current system i have beef with.

P.s. I haven't seen zeitgeist but I'll have to look into it now.

19. all of the money the federal reserve makes belongs to the treasury i think, and they use it to pay for government programs. conspiracy? idk.

the fed is suppose to manage price levels so they are stable so im not sure what you are getting at.

20. anyone here ever think of or have joined a commune?

thoughts?