Will MiraclGrow and Foxfarm work????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blowin, Dec 21, 2009.

1. miracle grow potting soil and foxfarm ocean forest. these two mixed will do the job for inside growing??? for my ladies...
    do these contain perlite or do i have to buy that and bat guano seperately????
    and mollases is needed???
    thanks...
    are my girls ready for transplant?

Attached Files:

2. foxfarm ocean forest is one of the best soils you can grow in and yes you gotta buy a bag of perlite.

3. No need to use the miracle grow - in fact, avoid it if you can. The ocean forest will work beautifully. I recommend doing a 50/50 mix of the ocean forest/perlite or ever 40/60. The perlite is inexpensive and does great for clinging to the roots - it also helps bring oxygen to the roots which is a must! The best part of using that much perlite... it makes the expensive ocean forest go further! The ocean forest and MG will both have some perlite -- but add more. Perlite is really inexpensive.

You can do mollases and bat guano if you want. The ocean forest comes with bat guano and worm castings - so you won't have to provide any nutes for several weeks (after each transplant - if you're transplanting).

If you wanted to, you could stick with the fox farms and get the trio - Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom (here's the feeding schedule - PDF)-- but if you prefer to use the molasses, and bat guano, that is your call, too.

4. Ditch the Miracle Gro.

5. Note: Miracle Gro is trash.....lol

6. Oh crap.... I really hope this perlite mix isn't EXTEMELY important. On December 19th I transplanted all my plants that are about 20 days in, into 100% FFOF in 5g pots. Am I in trouble? How important is mixing in perlite.

Should I re-transplant? lol is that even possible?

7. They'll be fine! Just be sure to give them time to dry out between waterings to ensure they are getting oxygen down to their roots.

No need to panic!

8. thanks to all of you great clear answers...
    will post fotos l8r...
    well they needed a transplant so i mixed some blackgold, M.G.peat moss and some other dark potting soil.... forgot to buy perlite???? my bad unpatient today lolz...
    well hope it goes well..
    so oceanforest, perlite, and sand????
    bat guano and mollases wont be needed, but it gives it that extra xing' for organic flavor right?
    that would be mixed into the water during veg or flow.??? thanks

9. You'll be just fine - I don't tihnk you need sand.

Bat guano is used as a nutrient -- be careful not to burn your plants with too much nutes.

I believe that 420 magazine did a study on the effects of mollases, and determined that the adding of sugar showed significant swelling of buds (like 20%), but that the flavor did not generally show through during smoking.

I'm guessing you're trying to go organic here, is that right?