Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will marijuana possession charge ruin my chances at Harvard or any ivy league schools

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by medicinaltoker, Jul 26, 2012.

1. #1 medicinaltoker, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    I am a junior, and have been smoking weed since I was an eighth grader. I have had severe depression and post-traumatic stress disorder since I was in the car accident that killed my mother.(To this day I refuse to ride on a highway). I have been on multiple drugs for depression, anxiety, and ADHD. Those drugs include but are not limited to: Prozac, Xanax, paxil, Ritalin, simbalta, and adderall. They never worked for me, and until the middle of the 8th grade a C was considered a great grade for me! Then, my friend introduced me to marijuana. I was not stressed, sad, nor nervous at all while on it! I could study and feel my ADHD going away! It worked 1000x better than all of my prescribed drugs combined! In high school I have a 4.6 unweighted and a 4.0 weighted G.P.A. I volunteer every summer at the local animal and children hospitals, and at the red-cross during the year. I am also flight commander of my flight in JROTC and am being considered for group commander next year! I am not trying to be cocky by saying I have a decent chance to get into Harvard, and it is all because of marijuana getting rid of my ailments! Well, yesterday I went to my dealer to get some bud; little did I know he was being watched by local law enforcement. I only bought two grams so while he got arrested, I got a citation, a trip home, and a date in court in two weeks. I was going to apply to Harvard, Yale, and Stanford! With no more marijuana I feel I will just start to to horrible in school again! Any suggestions, please?

BTW: I am smart about my marijuana consumption, and even though I have used it basically everyday for 3 1/2 years I use a vaporizer so I do not have any lung damage.

2. hard to say unless you know whats happening on the court date , but you can probably get away with nothing on your record , prob a few weeks or months of community service

3. It depends a lot on where you live, but it may get thrown out if your area isn't to strict, and its your first offense.

4. I live in Texas...basically the worst place to get caught with weed.

5. Louisiana isnt much better!

6. God damn decriminalize or legalize it seriously :/

7. Man, that really sucks. I don't know how the laws are where you're at, so it's hard to say. I didn't go to college, so I'm not exactly sure how the whole admittance process works, but of you have to write a paper, I'd be sure to include the crash, your depression, and how marijuana helped you get things in order. It seems like you got a good chance of getting accepted with your grades and service work. I wish you luck, because it would really suck if one little slip up could ruin everything for you. Unfortunately though, it's not unusual.

8. Uh you have to be 18+ to sign up here buddy, moderators are real strict around here so id recommend editing that lol.

9. That's what I am saying! A natural herb that has less negative symptoms than the legal substances alcohol and tobacco! I mean I see people who are drunk and I look at them in disgust. Fighting people, having sex with ANYONE, and just puking everywhere! Then I see someone who just smoked a joint watching That '70s Show and eating some Cheetos. I just have to think if it wasn't for the past selfishness and deceitfulness of the U.S government I could be enjoying a some weed right now with no fear of going to jail!

10. Thanks bro.

11. I dont see where he said he was under the age of 18, could you show me? He could be an 18 y.o. Junior, ive seen it before

12. if you were as intelligent as you claim, you would know the answer. assuming you get convicted of possession, you are fucked. when you apply to college you will be asked if you ever got in trouble besides a minor traffic violation. sorry man

13. ^ this.

if u do get something on your record, write about it in your essay and im sure any college will understand if you make it heartfelt

14. ive never been in this situation before but im not sure if mentioning it on your college application essay is a smart idea ??

15. if you want to go to harvard, i suggest learning to research these things yourself so you can be 100% certain about it, not just guessing based on what somebody told you on the internet. i wouldn't risk it getting the wrong information when the consequences to your future could be vast.

:D