Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will marijuana hurt my lungs?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by boxerfangg, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Hello everyone, I have recently decided I wanted to get high to see what it's all about. So I got a bong a couple of days ago but I don't have any weed yet, I don't know any dealers.

I decided to test out the bong, so I found one of my dad's cigars/cigarettes with the plastic tip and broke it up and smoked it. As soon as it reached my lungs they started burning like hell! I coughed a shit ton, then got dizzy, and now when I breath really deeply my lungs hurt a little.

Will marijuana burn this bad?
    By the way this was my first time smoking anything. I have never smoked before.

2. No, marijuana will not burn that bad at all. Tobacco is disgusting. Weed is a lot better. Weed also doesn't cause lung cancer, so smoke away!

3. No marijuana is MUCH MUCH more smoother then tobacco, especially out of a bong holy shit! lol

4. Lol, you used cigar tobacco? Fuck man you're crazy. Bongs will hurt your lungs if you're not a frequent smoker. Your best bet is rolling a spliff.

5. [quote name='"Malvolio"']Lol, you used cigar tobacco? Fuck man you're crazy. Bongs will hurt your lungs if you're not a frequent smoker. Your best bet is rolling a spliff.[/quote]

"tobacco hurts my lungs"
    >roll a spliff

WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE ROLL A SPLIFF?!

6. The first time I had smoked anything it was weed out of a bowl. It hurt quite a bit in my opinion but after the first couple times it gets much better. I definitely agree joints are smoother but I'm still a bong guy.

7. Rolling tobacco and cigar tobacco are ENTIRELY different things.

8. using a bong for your first time might not be the best option, but weed won't cause any major damage to your lungs as long as yopur not smoking crazy amounts everyday

9. smoking anything long term isn't great for your lungs.
    thats why you should invest in a vaporizer.

10. I would Roll a Joint, A bong does give off a lot of smoke and you may cough a lot. But there wont be any damage done.

11. This is the first time I've heard someone trying to use a bong for what they are ment for.weed will and is less harsh then tabbacco

12. smokes bowl of crushed up cigarettes

worries that weed will be harmful to his lungs

WHERE'S THE CONNECTION?!?!?

13. Definitely get a vaporizer if you plan on using regularly.

14. weed's definitely gonna hurt your lungs, as does anything that produces carcinogens, but depending on how you use it, very minimally or a lot. i smoke about three joints a week and im doing fine

i used to smoke every day for a year, mostly blunts and bowls. always got lightheaded

15. smoking anything is going to hurt your lungs, because you're inhaling smoke, but unless you're taking massive hits, weed shouldn't burn as much as tobacco.

16. your first time it's likely to hurt your lungs a lot. there's nothing you can do about it. but hopefully youre first time wont be as bad as mine, because i smoked a joint my idiot friends rolled with bible paper

17. It wont be anywhere near as harsh as tobacco, but it will be rough since you said that it was your first time smoking. Try putting a lot of cold water in your bong and take small hits when you finally get some weed. Maybe after a while you can start dabbing concentrated weed :devious:. Smooth vapor and much more potent than weed.