Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will it work ???

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HighFoSho, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Alright, so I have had about 1 oz (1/2 oz of two different weed, both buds, but low to medium grade) didn't pay shit for it, but I've gotten so spoiled on high grade shit, that I just can't really smoke that crap...
    So it has sat, and sat...

Finally, tonight I borrowed my roomies grinder, and ground up the whole ounce, into a fat pile of nicely ground weed. Put it into my crock pot with 3 cubes (12 oz) real butter.

Now, here's where I might have ef'ed it up... I was thinking, "it shouldn't get so hot as to burn the butter, even on the high setting, and I'll check it in a little while anyway".
    So I had brought it out back to keep from wreaking out the house.

About 2 hours goes by and I was like, "Oh shit ! I need to go check on that...
    As I walk out from the other side of the house, it immediately smelled like a grow room ! Wait WTF ?!?!

As I rounded the house, the smell just blasted me ! As I open the lid to the crock pot, I could hear the butter somewhere between simmering, and frying ! I don't think it was smoking though.

Wicki says butter smokes at 250-300... so my guess is that mine slowly got to about 240-280.

Still, I figured I had probably already burnt / ruined it anyway...
    + was having a major paranoid streak about literally wreaking out half of my block !

I poured it through a screen sink strainer, into a 14 oz glass. To my surprise, it was not the least bit brown, or burnt smell either. Actually it smelled just like a buttery croissant, in a grow room :) LOL

This stuff had the nicest olive green color too :)  And it smelled so dank... I just have a hard time believing it won't get a guy ef'erd... no ?

Remember those couple gurus here at grass city, who say that one can achieve max THC extraction in less than 1 hr... One of those guys even said, it helps to freeze it afterwards... mines in the freezer right now, spread out in a quart ziplock, for easy portioning, later. 

Will let ya'll know.... but can't mess around with edibles until my days off. 3 more to go.

2. Oh , I'm sorry... I forgot nobody likes to read.

Personally speaking, I enjoy reading the details of a story... but just for lazy people >

I cooked my weed butter, maybe too hot, not long enough, looks and smells great though, not burnt.
    Will it get me high ?

3. Try a lil and see.. We don't know

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. it may still be ok to consume, when you make edibles just take one little by little, nothing worse than overdoing an edible.

5. I reckon it'll be ok. Don't think those temperatures would have destroyed the thc.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Interested in hearing how it turned out OP. Im making my first batch of brownies this week myself. Im real excited.

Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app