Will It Vaporize? Lets talk about that.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Rezerg, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Best Legal Herbs to Vaporize

Here you are guys. I've gotten the question a few times. "what exactly can I vaporize safely?" Well, there is a huge list in fact and here it is! As a part of my regimen for PTSD, I vape a ton of herbs like chamomile which helps me relax and sometimes sleep or lavender. Green tea is great to vape!

I implore you all to try out new herbs. Vaporizers are for much more than just Marijuana. Join me in broadening your horizons.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

2. tenor-26.gif

Why would vape anything but weed tobacco or ecig juice?

• Like Like x 1
  3. For the health benefits silly! Herbs help open airways, can help ppl with allergies etc. There is a huge benefit to vaping other herbs that people may not know about :)

The link I posted has a lot of herbs, the vaping point and the benefit for a lot of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I like the idea of lemon verbena because it smells so damn lovely! I've wondered about adding some to my qwiso runs to, to flavour the tincture I make with it...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Salutations BWillD,

My horizon is vast and clear, now: no Hot Dry Air Ovenizers for me!

Feel free to join the fun in an effort to understand why, though get prepared to manage with a DIY project 'cause there ain't any commercially-available ready-made VAPORIZER on the market like mine: considering i needed to customize it 1st...

Anyway, here's a visual hint resulting from my long personal venture, for your own convenience:

[​IMG]

M'yeah, it does that, but to find out i 1st had to make circles around my HerbalAire for 25 months, give Arizer's V-Tower a try before i gave it away for free as gift - WITHOUT the accessories - turning it back into the "Potpourri Warmer" it always was, after nearly 3 weeks as i recall... While slowly but surely engaging into relentless customization work which cost me a couple thousand dollars since my preliminary attempt in 2012. No thanks to being an orphan customer essentially ignored by the market of Hot Dry Air Ovenizer manufacturers, precisely.

But i was hopeful about your idea of novelty for a few seconds, until i realized it had been thrown into a sea of those antiquated devices i've just refered to. Aromatherapy as suggested may prove useful for some people but i regret not having the lungs neither a ~7 years opportunity window simply to launch another similar quest as before.

Sorry, i've retired from such missions! Which doesn't stop me from wishing you luck, you may need it.

Good day, have fun!! :D

6. Very nice man. I myself have made a vaporizer as well. It was based off the magic flight mostly and worked pretty much the same way. Just some wires that touch a battery then get hot encased inside a small wooden box. I'm not a huge fan of using flame but your unit looks pretty good. Almost the same way a vapman works without the clicking correct?

Do you mean the novelty of vaping herbs other than marijuana? You don't need to make your own device for that. There are tons of great devices already made that do it extremely well. The place I live, I am allergic to the tree's if I go outside, I have to throw on a mask, take allergy pills or.....vaping tea tree oil.

That's just one of the many uses. I think a lot of people don't know about this yet even though a lot have already started using vaporizers for other uses. It's a game changer and a great one.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. what you say sounds interesting.
    What are you using today? Wich equipment? Which vape?

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Egzoset, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Hi again BWillD,
    Salutations 187life,

I thank you both. :) Well i did my best enhancing VG's patented (pre-existing) concept including their associated ritual - which i poorly understood until converting for the cleaner and more powerful blue torch flames instead.

My prefered daily-driver is the Bonze Sherlock, a previous picture already illustrated how i intend to upgrade it with a plastic/metal "Mating Junction" soldered to the cut neck in order to offer convenient insertion/removal of the Tubing Extension with positive feedback while it gains relatively friction-free freedom of orientation around its axis, over 360 °...

VG's Bronze model has a metal base which can absorb quite a great deal of heat and yet remain safe to the touch, even during the soldering operation it turned out! This is a useful feature when the screen gets clogged as i only need to flip it and sit my screen on the back to torch it clean.

On another hand here's what always worked best for aroma/taste appreciation:

[​IMG]
    Although i remain a bit uncertain i believe this precious improvement is resulting from its slightly different path having a lesser post-vaporization vortex in the cavity, under the bowl.

It will be necessary to explain what was meant by "clicking" unless that was a reference to the butane lighter itself. Sorry about that, in any case i like my customized pipe much better now that i've got rid of yellow "candle" flames, while maintaining fall-back compatibility. Lets admit i had concerns motivating me into finding a way to reduce un-necessary exposure to potential butane-related by-products (when operator errors occur)... In addition the pre-heating felt too tiresome because of duration precisely, as it was like i kept trying to get my toke ready and yet once done i no longer had the lungs for it.

That alone was really frustrating but the customization eventually fixed it in the process, lucky me!

There was indeed some inspiration inherited from VapMan's own solution but it only relates to their "PinHole", as i call it, which promotes turbulence and hence assists with moving the noble molecules outside. Other than that i'm afraid though there are significant differences i'll want to explain next.

Oh, believe me it wasn't like i felt having any choice, but i wasn't sure what reason why until i realized VG's pipe actually relies on Inlet Water (and carbonic gas) emanating from a flame's corona - which is why now i view the Volcano and its suite as based on a "Release/Transport Agent" made only of Hot Dry Air instead. More on this below...

Relatively to the vegetal substance i was aware there's "aromatherapy" fans out there but this ain't a usual topic in pro-cannabic vaporization threads, not to mention i happen to have adjusted my alternate consumption method in a way which appears to maximize aroma/taste appreciation; as a matter of fact it was this aspect i used to find appropriate core layouts: my limitations then turned into a radar probe...

A couple years ago i almost felt ready enough to get some chamomile testing, but the path was less than easy between then and now, consequently i still have it awaiting experimentation somewhere! This whole 5 years experiment seemed to stabilize around a final "Sweet-Spot" earlier this year.

To boldly go where no man has gone before... ;)

Possibly it turns out i've encountered similar difficulties, to some lesser degree. :(

A few years ago i went through all sorts of allergy-like symptoms including rafale sneezing, sore eyes, stuffy nose, itchy skin... Even my 1st asthma attack to life last year, which was frightening enough to fear my habit was finally over, but no: i think i managed to de-sensitize myself after refining my ritual into what i now call "Micro-Bursting", itself based on "Packetized" Heat Injection in a Pulse Mode situation...

Eventually i also realized i had set myself free from tolerance side-effects, declaring i never felt so free (and still do!), all made a reality thanks to those features right above which share similarities with "1-Hitters", yet with major upgrades too.

Since i'm pleased to find a person who's opened his mind to progress by experimentation i felt it would be appropriate to upload these next images to help me explain how i think it works for me.

Lets begin with basic principles. Here's a sandwich structure exploiting the juxtaposition of radically different materials in order to cause useful transitory characteristics to emerge that don't seem too obvious in a static scenario alone. It's based on the brief contrasting phase between iddle and mobility states which proves most appropriate for Pulse Mode operations:

[​IMG]
    When iddle VaporGenie's foamy SiC material (illustrated below) depends on the massive cooperation of 2 different though complementary properties corresponding to thermal insulation while the air pockets can also store heat with a temperature increase near its internal core, made of metal at the moment. As for the SiC matrix it can endure repeated intense heating and still remain inert no sweat - which is why VG chose it, evidently, and hence that's one reason why i chose a VG Classic for my 1st prototyping platform:

[​IMG]
    The Hybrid Core has a 17-Holes (#53 dia. each) Metal Disc trimmed down to 1 mm thickness, this is where a "Heat Charge" can be stored but only for a brief moment, yet sufficient to perform vaporization that is separate from the Pre-Heating phase.

That later process involves very faint airflow that is meant to avoid self-extinction of the flame while allowing energy injection inside. Once charged the flame is taken way so i can begin to deplete my Hybrid Core from this energy, also approximately "Packetized" by virtue of fixed constants including mass and specific heat capacity.

Here's what the new ritual resulting from such Hybrid Core looks like:

[​IMG]
    The pauses in between heat bursts correspond to when i lift my thumb over the PinHole, which mixes in fresh oxygenated air while it also gives me a chance to evaluate heat in the Cannabic Bowl located at the base of my drawing shown next:

[​IMG]
    When iddle the SiC + air pockets barrier thermally isolates my goodies from radiative heat, with little pre-heating from conductive heat. During pulsed inhalation though the Heat Charge instantly floods that cavity causing the most delicate molecules to leave early with the Release/Transport Agent made of a convective current of Hot Dry Air "Potentialized" with super-heated H2O & CO2... That's some crucial detail because i think it's this special combination which gives a sufficient edge to explore burst/pulse modes exactly. It most probably has to do with water and carbonic gas being better at energy transport, not to mention when dealing with moisture in the bowl it takes a lot more energy simply to rise temperature. In other words the situation reverses compared to Hot Dry Air Ovenizers baking the noble molecules while convective heat needs to deal with moisture in its bowl 1st...

As a result i even foresee eventual 2-pase vaporization starting with home extraction of delicate terpenes, etc., to produce pre-loaded capsules for later use. M'well, at least this audacious interpretation seems to be confirmed by the excellent aroma/taste performance i'd say!

A quick simple explanation could be to compare the ritual to power circuits based on pulse mode: the more abrupt a transition the more efficient the conversion. Transposing this to my customized pipe i feel i'm observing a similar outcome where blurred pulses end up less tasty...

So, it's been a long text but the idea is that the least possible amount of heat to perform extraction from trichome glands is significantly different from what happens in a Volcano, for example, hence my desire to mention these matters given your present context.

Hoping i made sense or at least sounded entertaining enough! :popcorn:

Good day, have fun!! :D

• Like Like x 1