Will it survive?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cutielover23, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Hi guys,

So, my fiancé and I are new growers. He tends to be impatient and decided to germinate most of our seeds without proper supplies. None sprouted except for one that I took over caring for. It's been four days since I germinated in a paper towel and I thought it was a dud too. However, I didn't want to give up hope so I got advice from this site to dig up the soil a little bit (before I was a member) and low and behold. I found my baby girl hiding under a piece of soil. I immediately put it under a 100 watt CFL light and have been monitoring it all day. Th soil is moist but the seedling itself looks dry.

My question is, is my seedling dead/dying? It's kinda yellow and I'm concerned. Mind you its 77-80F in our bedroom even with a fan on so I'm not sure what's going on. I don't believe I have over watered it. Because of my fiancé being impatient we don't have ph regulation happening yet (we are getting supplies don't worry!) So any advice would be helpful. I'm not letting this girl die!

Attached Files:

2. Don't keep watering it .Looks like its been watered to near death. It should start looking greenish .in a couple days
    Make sure there is soil all around it . Most likely it will survive .

3. Nope. It died within hours. It didn't look healthy from the moment I discovered it was stuck under a piece of soil (like a pebble.) Its so small I can barely see it in the pot. Thanks for your help.

4. Yup just way overwatered. When you have a sprout like that the best way to water it is lightly misting it with a squirt bottle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you. Yes, I realize that now. The monitor we used kept saying it was dry (it's a three way monitor.) I don't think I'll be using that one next time and I'll moisten the soil first.

6. That cheap crap is unreliable , waste of money

7. I'm figuring that out a little too late. It sucks. Lol

8. Post pictures regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Why? If you don't mind me asking.