Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will it stay fresh

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by devilzlettuce, Mar 29, 2011.

1. #1 devilzlettuce, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    I have a grinder with a screen and I have about 1 g keif will it stay fresh if I keep it in the grinder or will it lose its potency?

2. It will be perfectly fine. Keep it to celebrate 4/20 or something. Pack up a bowl put that in the middle sandwiched between some bud and you'll have some high fun.

3. it will be fine for 420, but don't be mistaken, it is plant matter, and it will degrade. just keep it in a dark cool place and the degradation will be much much slower

4. Kief is trichomes so it won't degrade, unless you go squeezing it, bursting those little trichs.

5. save it bro, i like to grind a little bud, pack it down, sprinkle a bit of kief, top it with some qwiso or any concentrate, then another finer layer of kief :bongin"

6. trichomes come off bud or leaves or stems, which come of a plant, therefore, they're still plant matter. and all plant matter degrades. i'm not saying it won't last a long time, but it will definitely not be as good as the day you put it in there if you wait a real long time.

7. #7 BaconDan, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    What, so the water inside of the plant is plant matter is well? Shitty logic.
    And to the op, what do you mean by "1 god kief"? Since when is god a unit of measurement? This thred is confusing me.

8. don't be a smartass bacon. you know damn well that everything that comes from the plant, besides water and air, and maybe some basic elements, are plant matter.

9. Well my understanding is that thc degrades into cbn after the plant has been harvested, so I would think the type of high would change, not the potency.

10. OP probably meant "1 g of kief"

11. possibly, but eventually after it does that it probably starts to lose potency. i'm not saying that your kief in your grinder is gonna go bad in weeks or even a few months, but just like bud, if it's left alone for a long time in anything but a mason jar pretty much, it won't be as good as when you put it in there.

12. you have about 1 god?

edit: too late

13. THC degrades if it's exposed to heat, light, or air. Keep it away from those conditions and you should be good.