Will it kill my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ganoo, Mar 24, 2012.

1. So I am wondering, can I successfully use my Brita filter to make my tap water clean enough for my plants? Or will it not take out enough dissolved minerals to be worthwhile? Need to know cause a RO system isn't feasible for me and distilled water gets expensive after a while.

2. I read somewhere in here that Britas were bad to use. I guess it something In the filter. Just let your water sit out for like 2 days before use an u will be all good

3. I used a brita for my first solo grow, didn't notice any ill effects, but I was total noob so it could have had negative effects that I just didn't see/realize.

I can tell you one thing, they are a pain in the ass to use for this lol.

4. The Brita filter makes the water very acidic. It sucks when u run hydro. If the water is acidic and the nutes are acidic, that doesn't mix well. Lots of Ph down. Just dropping the info for u guys

5. Yeah I used a Brita filter on my first grow. I don't see a problem using it. To be safe I would put the Brita filtered water in the sun for a day or so

6. Well my filter is attached to the faucet so not that big a pain, the acidity is fixable