Will Ir Light Effect Plants Flowering In 12/12?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rootintootin, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Does anyone know if IR lights on security cam are on during the dark cycle effect the flowering plants.

2. im really not sure about that mate...if i had to guess i would say no as the spectrum is not registered as visible light so i dont think it would make a difference, i could be totally wrong though!

3. yikes!!! well, I think that you should only use a green spectrum at night, but WOW!

4. It's a sensor, it doesn't beam out infrared man.

5. I know that IR has an effect on stalk and stem development making a plant strech in some cases.

But I just don't know if it effects the hormones in a way that would stop flowering or reduce the plants normal flowering cycle?

peace:smoke:

6. looks like you should just do an experiment and see. let us know what you find out!

7. hi ggodstuff

just so you know the camera does put out IR light for night viewing "leds" to illuminate the darkness so the cmos camera can produce a black and white picture, this camera is not used to detect IR signatures.

Just wanted to clear this matter up!

Thank bro
    peace:smoke:

8. Hello Head shop girl
    I think I may have to try experimenting. It seems like not very many people know for sure and, I'm not getting a lot of replies.
    It may be a good info for people later if they want to watch their stuff in the darkness remotely via camera to computer and chit like that!

Peace Girly:D