Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will I smell if I smoke outside?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wikiwoo8, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Hey guys. If l smoke outside and blow downwind and eat some gum AND walk around after for 30 minutes. Will my parents be able to smell me?
    Thanks.

2. I honestly don't know why i am replying to this... bored and high i guess.
    my kids are grown and gone but i used to hide it from them. lol.
    but if you do as you say and hang out in the fresh air a while, unless you have a mom like mine that is a bloodhound, i seriously doubt they will smell it. especially if they smoke. just don't go huggin' mom's neck or anything.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wish me luck. Just toked. I found out we're going to be in a car to a destination 30 minutes away. Rip.

4. Lil' bit, wash your hands after.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hold your breath.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Why are people so stupid these days.....

When you cook don't the odours linger?

Common sense has gone out the window for many people.................

7. Might want to also use a little hand sanitizer and eye drops.

8. Vape? No pot smell?

9. Hand sanitizer works well to get the smell off of your hands. Jog for a little bit on your way back and use that as an excuse to take a shower when you get back. Remember to dress like your goal was running in the first place

10. How'd it go lol? If it wasn't a joint ur probably fine. Also car rides baked is the best thing In the world lmao

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Only tokers will be able to discern that faint weed smell if you're smoking outside and I think 30 minutes is enough for the smell to fade but I always smell that weed from someone somehow lol

12. You will smell slightly, this depends on a couple circumstances, but regardless you will smell a lot less than if you were to smoke indoors. Any smoking method outdoors will work fine and probably won't leave a smell on you. Blunts and joints have a higher chance of leaving a smell on you more than glass pipes or bongs. Blow the smoke upwards, away from you, and/or with the wind. Essentially, if you keep the smoke away from you, you shouldn't worry too much about smell. After the session, hand sanitizer works great to eliminate smell from your hands. Try airing out, be in direct sunlight if possible, UV rays kill smell. Cheers

13. #13 TayeMega, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    I'm surprised that this response wasnt more unanimous. I guess some of us are so used to the smell that we don't realize it. Yes, you will smell. 30 minutes is NOT enough time. If you go into a car, people in the car can smell it. Your only chance would be to roll down the window and hope there is a nice breeze. Your best bet would be to wash your hands and face, chew on some mints and change your clothes.

The smell is not faint. In stores, cars, small enclosed spaces, the smell is magnified. Have you ever been in a store and someone walked in who was recently smoking and the whole store becomes lit up. It's very noticeable.