Will I pay too much?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Yulishea, Mar 6, 2009.

1. I want to buy a new bong, and I found one that I like:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/Yulishea/il_430xN57978830.jpg

Description says:

"This water pipe is 16 inches tall and has light pink wound around it in several places with a glass on glass pull bowl. There is a second percolator for twice the water filtration that is easily removable, for cleaning purposes, from the ring on the top of it."

It costs $80, however, with shipping included... it would be $92. I asked the man about an ice catcher, and he said that if I take out the 2nd percolator, it works perfectly as an ice catcher. I just don't want to pay too much. Note: Headshops in my area are completely terrible, hence buying online.

Do you guys think $92 would be too much money for this piece?

2. if your buying this off craigslist i wouldnt trust him to ship it.

do you know how thick the glass is? and are yo sure theres no cracks or chips in the gkass? and if your a guy dont get a pink bong haha.

3. why dont you check out weedstar bongs. they are pretty good and at a good price.

4. They are not pretty good. Weedstar bongs are cheap China Glass, and made extremely poorly with a SUPER HIGH mark up.

5. Nono, not Craigslist - it's a trusted site, I've ordered before. So I'm not really worried about chips, cracks, etc. If it turns out that I do order this piece and there is something wrong, I have confidence that I would be able to work out some sort of problem solving thing with the seller.

I can't tell about the glass thickness, I could surely ask, though.

And no, I'm totally female. :)

6. #6 kindbud319, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
    Im sorry but that bong looks like a piece of shit, you could do better with 100$,
    Check out shivadas.com, and look at there Gong bongs, you can find something better.
    Dont* buy the first peice of shit you see just cuz you need a bong.

7. "Do buy the first peice of shit you see just cuz you need a bong." Wow, too bad that's not really what I'm doing. :wave:

I've actually looked at a lot of bongs, and decided on this one, but wasn't sure if it would be worth it. Seeing as how your opinion is the first one I got, I'm still not really sure.

8. I definitely wouldn't pay $100 for that, even if I was to disregard the horrendous color scheme. You could get an EHLE or something else for around the same price range. Keep looking.

9. Keep in mind that posting competitor's links is not allowed on the forums. Just wanted to warn y'all before someone does it. Thanks.

10. Okay, thanks for everyone's opinion! But I'd still like to know specific reasons why this bong looks like it isn't worth it. I don't really care about name-brand glass, to be honest.

If I found out about the glass thickness, what really is wrong with it? GonG, 2x perc, and if I take one out, it would be just like an icecatcher... I don't know, I've been browsing the net quite a bit, and I can't really find anything this cheap with gong, perc, ice catch for $92. At least not at 16 inches. But if anyone has specific reasons on what's wrong with it (besides that it's pink..) ... I'd love to listen.

I'm not here to get bashed, just here for some reasoning.

11. Sorry to rev this thread, but time is ticking closer to my birthday, and I'd like some more opinions, please. :)

I continued my search on the net, and I found one that would be a better deal... but I don't think it was legit, because paypal said the merchant wasn't accepting payment at the time. :/ Help please, again, no bashing!

12. #12 Vokal, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    If you like it who cares what others are saying. For 100$ or so you might be able to find something better but I don't know much about prices or how much that should go for. If you like it you mine as well get it especially if you need a bong, and with the features it comes with it it sounds like a quality deal, especially since your not even paying 100$.

Gotta say I don't like the colors though lol :smoking:. But for a girl it looks good.

13. Thanks for your opinion! I think the main reason I want some more input is because if I really can get a better deal... I'd like to know, because I don't want to spend that much money on something if I could get something better, ya know? ^^' So that's my main reasoning... And I do really like the piece!

But as I said, headshops in this area suck. I'm in a rinky-dink down that's about 40 minutes from Green Bay, and the Green Bay headshops only have like, 5 bongs per shop... and they aren't exactly quality.

And I lol'd at the quote in your sig.

14. If you are only wanting to spend around $100, then I wouldn't get one with a percolator. That's probably going to be low quality. Just get a straight tube GonG regular downstem and all. You can buy more stuff for it later (diffuser, a/c, etc.).

15. You can tell that is thin and poorly made... I would not look into buying it. Go for a more simple clear or thick bong for your first.

16. http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/roor_little_sister_pink.jpg

[​IMG]

17. ^ well thats a rather pointless post.

the budget is $100.

best bet for that style of bong at that price range is going to be shivada as mentioned before.

18. Yes! Please don't buy that no-name glass for that much! You could get a better WeedStar bong for less

CLICK HERE for bongs that are $30-$50 Weedstars that are better than this one for less $$$

GOOGLE: Weedstar bongs and EHLE Bongs

19. WeedStar may not be top of the line like Roor or something but they are at least a brand name glass company that offers accessories like diffusers and ice-catchers. Well I don't know how many WeedStars you have bought and used but a LOT of people buy them and love them because of affordability and functionality and if it gets dropped you can buy another one with all the money you saved by not buying a marked up $200 dollar piece of glass like Roor or Illadelph. If it comes in between this man buying a no-name thin glass knock-off or a WeedStar thats more impressive for less than he should DEFINITELY go for the WeedStar. Don't think he's gonna drop a buck fifty or more on a piece of glass. Everyone isn't made of money.

Good luck dude! Buy a WeedStar!!!

20. PRICE?? $100 > 0r = ?