Will I get drug tested after I finish my pretrial diversion program?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Greystripe11, Jul 18, 2016.

1. So I'm almost done with my program, I just have to take some drug classes now. I did community service and already paid everything off. I only got drug tested when I entered the program and I was clean. I'm sure they will drug test me one last time, so I don't plan on smoking till I'm done with my program. Can they or will they drug test me after I've completed my program? Or will I have to wait for my court date? My court date is in December.

2. I would wait for your court date. Ive heard about some people being tested at court. And if your on probation they could test u there as well

3. I'm not on probation, it was my first offense so they put me on a pretrial diversion program to get it off my record basically. I'm sure I would have to be clean for court too, but I have a fast metabolism and it gets out of my system anywhere from 10 days to a little less than 3 weeks. So I'm just wondering if they can drug test me after I'm done with the program. I kind of want to ask my PO or lawyer, but IDK if that's a good idea.

4. If u have a po your on probation? Ask ur lawyer. The program cant. The court can. The court could order the program to test u again

5. Its
    It's not probation though, I guess it's similar. I'm not getting tested regularly and they don't come to my home. I just have to meet up with someone once a month and talk about community service and what else I have to do in the program. So basically stay clean until the program is done or wait until December?

6. Id wait till december. It sounds like your on probation. You never know if that place is guna test u. U might be able to get away with smoking and getting clean before court but i dont think you should risk it. Be smart

7. Lmao, sorry if I'm being annoying. But it's literally not probation. It similar but it's not the same, look it up. It's called miles. Just look up miles bexar county. It's a pretrial diversion program for first offenders. It just let's them get it off their records. In the papers I signed it says to stay clean during the program and that it. It says nothing about drug tests after your done with everything, but like I said, I'm sure court would. I've been clean for like half a year. I'm going insane.

8. I know the feeling man i have been clean for about a little less than a year now because of probation. I have got 16 months left. I can make it though. U can too. I wouldnt smoke if i were u. U never know if ur po wants to spring a test on u ever though the programs done. Be careful with what u do though

9. Would it be safe to ask my lawyer? Or is that not a good idea?

10. Lawyers are there to protect you. Its best to ask your lawyer straight up. It is a paid lawyer and not a public defender right?

11. Well Fuck. I asked without reading the last part. It is court appointed. I feel like I'm fucked now. I just asked him if I have to continue to stay clean up to my court date as well. Fuckkkk. I feel like I fucked up.

12. Its not a big deal. U just asked a question. U havent broken any laws. Dont worry

13. Well I read that if they suspect you of doing future crimes that they can report it. I asked if I will continue to get drug tested after my program, and that I'm aware that I will have to be clean for court as well. I was just curious if I would get tested and have to stay clean after the program. I feel like its totes obvious what I'm after.

14. And I also told him I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up. So I'm sure it's obvious cx

15. just stay clean man. it sucks, i've been there, but it'll all be worth it. you won't get in trouble if you just stay clean.

16. I dont think anything will happen to u. Hes ur lawyer

17. Just wait it out, weed is still gonna be here when you finish your program.

18. Look, pre-trial diversion programs are 'probation' the same way as 'deferred adjudication community supervision' is probation. You are at risk of a judge yanking your chain at ANY time up until they have signed the Order dismissing the case. That means you are on probation even if they don't call it probation...you screw up and there are consequences, just like with probation. When your supervision is being handled through an agency called Bexar County Community Supervision and Corrections Department, you are on probation for all intents and purposes even if the term is not directly attached to your supervision. You have stipulations attached to your continued liberty, just like with probation.

Until the judge in Bexar County (regardless of which of the courts you are in down there) signs off on the Order dismissing the case, ANY use of alcohol or controlled substance is at your own peril. You are being supervised by staff in the Pre-Trial Services office which means testing would be an easy thing to do.

Bexar County is not unique...the program, for those so interested, can be found at https://eservices.bexar.org/Systems/miles/overview.pdf but is essentially no different than someone in Houston, Dallas, Austin or Lubbock or any of the other 254 Counties around the State might encounter. Given that Bexar County requires the results of a UA at the time of application to establish a baseline, it suggests that random testing is ALWAYS a possibility...

19. Did they test you at court??? I have court soon