will i get away with this lie to my college??

Discussion in 'General' started by collegetoker, Feb 5, 2010.

1. so i had to do some 100 hours of work experience stuff to graduate right,
    so i kind of blew it off and now i got an email from the head of the dept saying i need to submit the forms its already like 10 days late etc..

so i remember they said that it was okay to work overseas as well or whatever, so my plan is to say i was working at a company in spain when i was there (which i was there, but not working anywhere).. the company is owned by my friends dad but it's a really small one, like 3 people, but it's still a legitimate business
    so my plan is to my put my friends number etc and list him as the supervisor instead of the dad

i dont see any way they could really find out if its real or not?? altho i dont have any work permits i can say it was under the table or some shit if they ask plus i have the flight tickets as proof i was there

2. I guess the only issue I can see is if they ask for a signature, in which case forgery could land you in some shit.

3. haha it sounds like you could be fucked either way, I mean you could lie and try and pull it off but if you get caught then your pretty much done. But if it is a requirement for you program then you wont graduate and are still fucked.

But yeah forgery might be a problem if your caught

4. but even if i tell my friend whos dad owns the company, would it still be forgery??
    i mean if they call spain my friend will confirm that i worked there, so how could they prove it wrong?
    and yeah its required to graduate unfortunately

5. do it man, youre in the clear

there is nothing they can say if it's your friend's company and they say you were there

6. I meant it would be forgery if they needed the company owner to sign a document, and your friend, or you signed the owners name instead... that would be forgery.

7. Then tell your friend the situation and see if him and his dad will actually sign it.

That is of course if your friend actually exists?

If he does, then have them fax it to you or snail mail it.

8. yea man, luckily for you you actually have a situation where you CAN get away with it if you play it right. Its all about playing it right tho.

9. If your school is anything like mine, they're going to ask a fuckload of questions to whoever they call. I actually had an "exit interview" with my advisor, and it was during that interview that she called around to my references, community service places, and work experience place to ask about me. She asked what I did, how I carried myself, if I ever got in trouble, if I was ever late or didn't fulfill an assignment.

So, if anything, you need your friend to be ready to bullshit things. But you're also a grown man, and have no excuse for not doing your work.

10. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGCnwhpLayw"]YouTube- Afroman - Because I Got High RingTone[/ame]

11. abosolutely terrible idea. dude ur gonna get your ass kicked out if you falsify documents

12. Hmmm.....

You fucked up.

Good luck not making it worse.

13. if you're slick enough i guess you could get away with it, but they could try calling your friend's father and ask him a bunch of questions. not to mention if you get caught signing his name to your document that is forgery which is pretty illegal. if graduating was really important to you then you would've gotten your shit done.

if you want to risk it go ahead (and good luck), but just keep in mind you could get in legal trouble if you fuck up and possibly risk losing your degree.

14. well i mean i dont see my college being super strict about it
    i remember in a lecture they specifically said that it was harder for them to check international job placements etc

and i wanted to do the work but when i got to spain i couldnt find a job without a work permit which i couldnt get without a job offer..

his dads company is really small as i said, and u cant find it on a search or anything on the internet, so they would only have the telephone # i gave them
    plus i have plane tickets to there
    also my friend can play some it off like he doesnt speak the greatest english, and i doubt they would realyl call even in the first place, except maybe because im alittle late with it

15. Because you're late with it they're going to be even more critical. A man about to graduate from college should have his shit together: meaning it shouldn't be late in the first place.

I would be real surprised if they definitely don't go over with a fine toothed comb now, just for that reason. I know the first thing I would think is "this guy didn't get his work done." And even if your friend can pretend not to speak the best English, they can find somebody at the school to talk with him in Spanish.

16. yeah but you shouldnt have blown it off. im tired of people coming on this site asking for advice on how to get out of shitty situations they got themselves into. its ridiculous.

17. Man i'm with you on that 100%. Maybe i'm an asshole, but I just don't have sympathy for people in a shitty situation because of ignorance, stupidity, or laziness. Our entire culture is getting more and more lazy every day, and think they can just use some cheap way to cheat their way out of it.

Ya fucked up bro, either man up to it or cheat in privacy.

18. i didnt exactly blow it off i wasnt even in the country!
    i missed like 3 weeks of classes and not really by choice as i couldnt afford another ticket to come back earlier as the whole working there thing didnt pan out
    so im still behind like crazy, and i just got the email this morning because i wasnt at class to know about this shit
    and yeah its my fault but still.. its not the biggest thing in the world.. it was only supposed to be like 100 hours

19. I know you didn't just find out about this 100 hours. I knew about it when I was accepted into my major my junior year (you declare your major freshman/sophomore year, and then dependent on grades you're accepted your junior year where I'm at). So that gave you enough time to get everything done.

Stop making excuses. It makes you look childish. You already said in your OP that you "blew it off" so just leave it at that.