Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will I ever be able to smoke again? (Panic attacks/mental health)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DankPepe, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Hi everyone.

I'm 25 years old and have been smoking daily for about 4 years. I've been depressed and anxious ever since puberty, and I started smoking weed because it allowed me to enjoy life again.

However, last week I had my first panic attack(s) ever after smoking, leading to me being admitted to a psychiatric ward for 5 days. I came back home yesterday (maybe I should have stayed longer instead of convincing the doctors that I'm better now) and I couldn't help but try to smoke again to find out whether it really was the weed that was responsible. I smoked half a spliff, and, lo and behold, I felt another panic attack coming up. Somehow I managed to keep it under control (barely) and went to sleep.

Today I'm feeling very anxious and I'm considering going back to the psychiatric ward for a longer stay.

Is there someone around here who has had similar experiences? I would really appreciate some advice. I don't know if I will ever be able to smoke again. It seems like my brain now associates cannabis with fear and panic. Do you think it will go back to normal if I simply stop completely for a few months? Or is this chapter of my life over for good now? I'm scared to go back to my old self, anxious and depressed with no escape.

All thoughtful comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. I’d quit mixing Tobacco with weed. When I feel a panic attack coming on I go in my room set a timer for 15 min, cut the light, lay on bed with eyes shut, think of something happy or nothing at all until my breathing is under control, and I don’t get up till timer goes off.
    Sometimes I fall asleep because I’m mentally and physically exhausted. Good luck try to keep control it all a mental thing it ain’t real.

3. if your mixing cannabis with tobacco first off, all bets are off. Your mixing two very powerful drugs first off tobacco/nicotine and THC amongst many other terpenes and cannbanoids along with many of the poisons/chemicals contained in tobacco. That's your first issue. Secondly you will need to get your mental health issues in order first probably before you can enjoy cannabis unfortunately as you have crossed that proverbial line where as soon as you consume cannabis you focus right on the anxiety which can make it seem much worse when under the influence of THC. Over do it and you will really have bad anxiety. The key to anxiety relief is microsdosing for us severe anxiety sufferers.