Will I ever be able to smoke again and get high?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nana01, Mar 16, 2013.

1. #1 Nana01, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    Here is a bit of backstory, I got really addicted to that "fake" weed. specifically the "down2earth" brand. I did in fact realize what it was doing to me, but not after 2 years of using it. I have since then been clean from it (for over a year and a half now).

Now here is my problem, I really do believe it did something to my brain. Before I smoked the "fake" stuff I would get high off of two hits of mids. Now, I cannot even get high off of hydro (medical). Which is way stronger than the mids I used to smoke. I get high the first time I smoke it (after taking a week break) but after that day, it goes right back up to where I cannot get high anymore. For me, a 20 bag used to last me at least 2-3 days. Now I go through a quarter in a week (a little less than that). Each time I smoke, I never get high. It is a slight buzz so I know it has some effect on me, but it is nothing like it is supposed to be.

Ok so what I want to know is, how do cannabanoid receptors work? I mean I have taken at least a 6 month break from the time I stopped smoke the fake stuff to when I started smoking weed again. It only seemed to make a difference the first time I got high after taking that break. After that first time, it went right back up almost instantly. It feels as if my body knows im smoking weed after the first time and prevents me from getting high from then on. I know some people are saying they can regrow or something like that, but I feel like mine are not doing that :[. It has been over a year and a half now since i stopped smoking that fake stuff and I am still having problems with normal weed. I do not buy the mids or anything like it. I stick strictly to the good stuff hydro, so in reality I should have no problem getting high but somehow I still do. Will I ever be able to smoke and get high like I used to again? Keep in mind please that I do realize you never get as high as you did the very first time you smoked weed, however I know for a fact something is wrong and it is not supposed to be like this. I used to smoke weed daily (like I do now) before I even tried the fake stuff. I smoked it for years and years, so I know how high it is supposed to make me. However it does neither :( it feels like im smoking a cigarette with a huge headache as a side effect most of the time.

2. I hate to double post :( but someone please help me out!

3. Smoke that turanchula blunt!

4. don smoke anything for at least a few months. your receptors are used to the shit junk shit that you were putting into your body. get your tolernce down to absolute 0. dont smoke any weed or fake shit for i'd say at LEAST 1 month if not 2. thats how it was for my buddy

5. lol probably cus synthetic is like 800x normal thc and ur tolerance is crazy high. gj TS

6. #6 Nana01, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    I know my tolerance is high. I am just wondering how come it is still high even though I took a 6 month break before I started smoking weed again. I will keep trying and take another break to see where things go.

Thanks a lot for the advice btw you guys, @nuke how often did your buddy smoke that stuff and for how long? Do you think this is permanent for me? It feels like it.

The reason I think its permanent is bec I did take a break, a really long one and yet I still to this day have the same problem.

7. fake THC...

8. So nuke, can you answer my question? It is the post above yours :).