will i burn my house down?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Thebadguy, Nov 7, 2007.

1. hey yall, just curious , how likly would it be to burn my house down growing indoor? i was thinking LEDs but they can b expensive. like hps what are the odds i can burn this mother fucker down?

2. I think that LEDs are much safer. They produce much less heat than hps.
    If you do the wiring right and isolate everything you should have no problem.

3. thats what i was thinking with the leds. but i dont really have the $$ for that. x-mas ligts work?lol.id only have like 1plant goin. i hear cfls work too?

4. X-mas lights wont work unless they are some super bright.
    If you know a thing about electricity or know somebody that dos and can help you, you can build your own LED light. And its gonna cost not more than a 100$.
    Look at this http://www.dansdata.com/caselight.htm

5. just get the hps. as long as your bulb doesnt touch anything your not not gonna burn your house down. just get some fans and stuff.

6. its impossble to break or shatter some how? as long as it dont touch anything im fine? im not very good with electricity,lol. id love to grow my "tomatoes" inside but dont wana risk my life or my families. i have a HPS but no ballist. do i need that? i do have a small fan i could use aswell.

7. Yes you need a ballast. It could shatter if you get fingerprints on it and then turn it on, so wipe it off with a clean cloth, and screw it in.

As long as it is not touching anything, like clothing , etc, it will not be able to burn anything.

Anything could happen though. You could hang it, and it not be very secure, and the light could fall, break on the floor, start a fire that way, etc.

Always keep a fire extinguisher in your grow room, safe than sorry.