Will I be safe?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by I Roc Hos, Oct 2, 2006.

1. I want to start a small grow (2-3 plants) in my apartment. My only problem is that every first tuesday of the month a pest control guy comes in and and does his job. My question is will i be safe from getting caught? i'm planning on growing my plants in a lockable cabinet. So will I be safe?

2. here is a picture of the cabinet i will be using:

[​IMG]

3. Looks nice and sealed in the back, but you might have to do something about the doors if no one can detect, but more importantly, what are the dimensions of that box and are you planning on doing lowrider or bagseed?

4. How do you expect us to know???

5. No one here can tell you if you will be safe. Depends on where that box is, odor control, noise from fans, other equipment, and lastly the predisposition of your pest control guy. I've heard of police departments that pay a reward to pest control, HVAC, utility meter readers, and other folks who are on others' property a lot for narcing someone out. On the flipside, you risk him ID'ing your set-up and coming back to rip you off. You just never know.

Having said that, it all depends on how much attention your grow op draws. Put it as far away from where he needs to spray as possible, and shut down the fans and stuff when he comes.

All a good reminder why apartment grows are inherently riskier. At least you know about your pest control guy's schedule. What you don't know about is the maintenance crew and landlord, who pretty much can enter any time they want.

Putting all that aside, how do you plan to vent that cab? What kind of lighting will you use? If HID, you will want to put the ballast on the outside so as not to build up heat. Is it lightproof? Many considerations.

6. :laughing:

7. I am a landlord, I don´t care if my tenants grow, as long as they are discreet.

8. All good points guys. Basically you have to be really descreet and smart, and proly have a good budget to keep it hidden.
    Also, I know in certian states in the US, landlords have to give you 24 hours notice before entering. Doesnt mean they cant still come in and evict you for what they see, but atleast it would be an illegal entry.

9. Spanish how bout some insite, shit.

I suggest a taller cab, like a coat rack cab would probably be nice. that way you can always push them lights up higher if its real hot, and cut vent holes in back or bottom top.

10. If the guy has just spent big bucks on this cabinet, he is hardly going to be in a position to go and get a taller one. Maybe he hasn´t spent out on it yet.

11. Is that insite? whoa... still a hint of negativity. ;)

anyway i definately think your right in that matter, i wasnt sure if he had bought it or not, if so, he could modify it rather easily.

12. You sound pretty negative about his purchase yourself.

13. Hmm, ive said nothing negative at all. Recheck.

And, a bigger cab might be better, or not. i dont know the size. but it looks like it might be ok. pm me, i MIGHT be able to help. im in a similar situation

14. 34"H x 19 1/2"D x 31 3/8"W

I am going to use a carbon filter and probably shut everything off when he comes around. But my plan is to Veg. for a month, then after the pest control is in and out I will start to flower for a month. Good deal?

I'm planning to use (2) 55 watt CFLs and (3) 2ft. 20 watt flourescent tubes

15. And no I haven't purchased the cabinet but i have yet to find something to use that would be better for a "stealth" grow. I like it cause its lockable but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thanks guys

16. ok so I did more research and this is what I came up with.

1. I will install a home made carbon filter, I will install it inside of the growbox and have it venting through the bottom of the box.

2. I will weather strip the doors to keep as much odor and light in as possible

3. I will put a sheet or something over the entire box to make it look like a bed/night stand instead of puting it in my closet.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

17. Check those leases carefully. Landlords can come in without notice if they suspect a hazard -- apartment upstairs flooded, possible fire, pest infestation, gas leak, electrical short, it doesn't take much for them to justify going in without notice.