Will I be Blind!?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Teal, May 15, 2011.

1. I just got sulphuric acid battery water in my eyes at work and i'm alergic to sulphur how bad should I be freaking out right now :eek:

2. flush that shit out

and post pics

3. Your eyes are going to melt.

The good news is that you saved a bunch of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico

4. Flush it out immediately.

If symptoms persist, getcho bitch ass to a hospital.

Not even kidding...if you're allergic and its in your eye and acidic, you could be in serious danger.

5. And the best plan you could muster was come online and post on a forum rather then go to ER.

Fucking magnificent.

6. eat your eye? don't be a pussy

7. It doesnt really burn anymore and I can see fine but when It happened I couldnt see shit and made it to the eyewash station by memory. It happened like an hour ago my eyes arent very red anymore but im contemplating whether or not to hit up the er

8. Just call your doctor's office and ask them what you should do.

Most offices have an intensive care unit too.

9. Atleast you didn't get a strong base in your eyes, then you'd def be blind. Still, go to your local optometrist .

10. You'd be better off going to the ER for an hour at most then losing your sight for life.

11. Damn man, I just looked at a list of foods containing sulphur. Being allergic must lick balls.

12. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you are not allergic to sulfur. Given that sulfur is an essential element of proteins and all of life, that's like saying you're allergic to carbon or oxygen. You might be allergic to elemental sulfur, which is quite different from sulfuric acid and not something the average person comes into contact with on a regular basis.

I'm not trying to diminish the severity of your injury because sulfuric acid in your eye is nothing to joke about, but your immune system won't be what gets the better of you in this case.

13. He is more than likely allergic to sulfa.. I've known people who were told no sulfa and they end up thinking sulfur.

14. [​IMG]

JK. seriously, go to the doctor.

15. you should flush that shit out and get to the doctor immediately. better safe than sorry imo.

16. Flush out your eye with cold water for 15-20 minutes. Blink frequently.

17. +rep :laughing:

18. why are you on the internet?

19. You managed to go onto grasscity, and post a thread while making minimal mistakes.

I think you'll be fine, you should wash your eyes out though, and probably contact your doctor if anything persists. .