Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will I be approved?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SkullUCG, May 7, 2009.

1. Hello everyone. Let me start off by saying i am in california. TLDR at bottom.

Now the reason i am applying for marijuana is because i am college student and attend kickboxing several times a week, and when im not there im usually working. The reason i tell you this is because on kickboxing sessions that are intense generally leave me pumped and excited, and since my class isnt in the evening this generally has me unable to go to sleep, ive noticed a similiar situation on various gym workouts, not all, but about twice a week. Also on days i know i have a test in college have to be at work in the early AM i wont be able to sleep. Not because i am nervous or anything but just the knowing that tomorrow is going to be an eventful day keeps me from being able to sleep.

This is starting to create problems as ive noticed im having less and less energy, ive tried eating more but that just makes me drowsy. The weird thing is is that if i crawl into bed in the middle of the day with the light illuminating through the shades i can pass out in no time, its just at night i cant seem to sleep.

For awhile i was just taking nightcaps, which was working for awhile, however now that im working mornings its causing me to feel groggy and unrested, not only that but lately i generally have to wait for the buzz to go its full course before i am able to go to sleep, which doesnt help much. I also dont want to take pills because i generally just dont like man made drugs.

So will i be approved for a medical marijuana card?

TLDR: Fast paced life is resulting in insomnia which is hurting other aspects of life. Will sleeplessness be approved?

2. Doubtful, you need to have something more chronic than just insomnia.

3. Ive had it for about the past two years. It wasnt so bad at first but lately its gotten to where its a month and a half on, two weeks off.

4. You can only go in and give it a shot. You don't really have anything to lose, the reputable docs won't make you pay if they don't give you a recommendation.

5. I know of some people who've gotten a rec for just insomnia. Sadly, you'll probably have to go to a shady doctor who just wants your money to get your rec. If you live near LA those should be easy to find.

But if you can go to your primary physician and get on record that you've been having serious problems with sleeping/anxiety, Medicann will probably give you a rec.