will god kill my plant??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by chrisluvsaudrey, Jan 27, 2009.

1. maybe a stupid question, but im worried:confused_2:

well not god, but the weather, i live in australia and we got a really hot week coming up(around 104degs every day), its about a 3 feet ball(like a mini shrub), and i already think some of the hot days last week burnt some of the white hairs.
    its just in my backyard which is mostly sunny with some passing shade. just wondering if it'll survive the heat cause ill be at work...

am i just over worrying, or is there something i can do?

2. MJ should survive a hot spell if you keep it well watered. A little shade wouldnt hurt during the hottest part of the day if you can arrange that.

3. Lol, i lost 2 "seedlings" already.

:(

4. Depends how sinful you have been.

5. God spoke to me and told me if you send me the main cola, he will let your plant live!
    Seriously, your plant should do fine. In fact the trichome production is the plant's natural defense against the intense sunlight, so it may be to your advantage. Just keep her watered and, if you can, add a little mulch on top of the ground to help retain moisture. Whatever you do don't water her in the hot sun. Do it in the am before the sun gets too intense.

6. Hey this forum looks like fun.

7. pork, just curious but why cant you water in the sun providiing you just water at the base of the plant and not hit any of the leaves

8. Since its in your back yard, why not take a white sheet and some stakes and build a cover over the top of it. The sheet should reflect some of the heat and give you a little shade on the plant.

9. Hey Greeny, I know in intense heat if you water around the plant in the heat of the day you get a lot of "steam" that transpires up into your lower foilage. Not good on the lower growth.

10. Smarty pants ^^

11. ooo aight thanx for clarifying that.

12. Shade cloth is a good choice if you can build a frame overhead. I have a shade cloth lean-to that helps hide my plants from above. it would be great to reduce the intense heat.

13. These plants are weeds after all, and will survive just fine in high heat. We get many, many 100+ degree days over here too, just keep them well watered and cared for.

14. How do you define a weed?? I thoght a weed was just a plant in the rong place. And my girls are never that.

15. cool thanks everybody, glad to know god isnt as evil as i once may have thought...:hello:

ill be posting pics of her life a bit later, when she really starts to flower :ey:

16. But they do have many attributes of weeds. namely hardiness, environmental flexibility, and the scorn of the uptight elements of structured living.