Will Fox Farm's Grow Big liquid fert for soil hurt plants in my hydro res?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by FoxyWhiskers, Sep 2, 2011.

1. I think I bought the liquid nutes for use with soil. It is 6-4-4. Suggests on the back 1/2tbsp per gallon of water so i currently have about 7.5ml of 6-4-4 in my 3 gal reservoir with 8 plants.

Is this going to be too much for young 2 week plants? I noticed the grow big hydro was actually 3-2-6.

Any help on adjusting for these nutrients would be great.

Thanks.

2. Follow the feeding chart at 1/2 strength and as the grow progresses and the plants do well, slowly up the nutes.

the soil grow big has different n-p-k values than the hydro. You can use the soil grow big, however you should be giving it 3/4 of what you would give the hydro version, so 1/2 strength for both the grow big and big bloom, and then take an extra 25% off grow big.

3. i made this same mistake but thank goodnesss my girls were well old enough to handle what they were given. Good luck

4. Yeah, they're at about 2 or so weeks. Think they'll be fine. Had a light dose in there the last day or two with no foul play.

Thanks for the input guys. Probably gonna go buy the hydro nutes and save myself the headache. haha.