Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will FL ever become a MMJ state?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Hundreds, Jun 22, 2010.

1. I live in FL and everyday I wish they would pass the bill...

So what do you guys think?

2. i think no because there's tons of old, conserative people there. maybe in like 40-50 years when our generation is old an retires to florida it will become decriminalized. i feel like our generation is a little more liberal (Im 20 btw)

3. well they just banned headshops so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon

4. hell would freeze over first. To many people are arrogant

5. They didn't ban headshops.

6. yea bro, they didnt ban headshops. the county i live in banned them so that means i have to take a 45min drive to get to the only one near here plus they are overpriced.

but no, FL hasnt banned headshops.

and no, i dont think it will be any type of legal here in FL for awhile.

7. what about this? Florida "Bong Bill" Passes.

8. Man, i've been living in floirda for about 13 years, its not coming anytime soon. Even if it does, the govorner will shoot it down so fast.

9. #10 Storm Crow, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    If you get busy and stop playing with your Wii, it might happen faster than you think. Read this about an AARP survey- cannabisnews.com: Older Americans’ Attitudes on Medical Marijuana

Incidentally, it was MY generation that gave you Woodstock and the whole pot culture! The 70+ group isn't into cannabis, but a lot of 60-somethings remember it well! We might surprise you young 'uns yet! Trouble is, too many don't know about cannabis! We all know about it getting you high, but NOT about the medical uses!

You got an old fogy to convince? Take them to WebMD and show them these-

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA (2008)
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries (2005)
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells (2007)
    Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer (news - 2000)
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors (news - 2007)
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain (news - 2008)
    Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain

Cannabis May Help Multiple Sclerosis (news - 2003)
    Cannabis May Help Multiple Sclerosis

Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis (news - 2005)
    Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill (news - 2003)
    Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

WebMD is easier to read than medical studies, but it gives the facts. Just show them the articles. Or print them out and send them anonymously to that old lady down the street who has fibro, or the elderly man with arthritis that lives 2 doors down. The post office doen't require return addresses- there's no risk and you may save them years of pain!

You want to know how long it will take Florida to get legal? To be honest, it's up to you!

Granny :wave:

10. Our headshops were not banned, the bill states that 75% of their revenue has to come from tobacco and 25% at most from smoking products!!!! It still sucks because many headshops will go out of business!!! In other words in order for a headshop to stay open for business a waterpipe that was worth $350 may now be worth $50, but you will buy $300 worth of tobacco so in their inventory 300 was for tobacco.! So that may cause some shops to charge you a bit more just so everything works out! And in regards to MMJ in florida we are trying!!! But we as floridians need to come together and get up stand up stand up for our rights!! (wise man bob once said) We can change the system While we blaze this herbal essence!!!:smoke: PUFMM has been collecting petitions in order to get this going!! We did not have enough to get it on the 2010 ballot elections this november! but all the signatures that were collected are still valid for the 2012 ballot! Thats the first step ,actually getting it on the ballot!!! Once on the ballot its time to go out and use your rights as a registered voter and go VOTE!! its not enough for you to just sign a petition you must actually go and vote when the time comes around!!! We can sit here and talk about how there are too many conservatives, old people and what not, but if we all go out and do our part and not be lazy stoners, im a firm believer that our generation can change the system!!! So sign, tell your friends, put flyers around campus! Think about how many floridians are part of GC, if we each do our part we can get more than enough petitions! :smoking::smoking::D
    THE BILL :mad:
    CS/HB 187 - Retail Sales of Smoking Pipes and Smoking Devices

Go on the site read about what you can do as a fellow herbsmen to help this cause!!
    Heres the petition
    http://www.pufmm.org/docs/Medical Marijuana Petition Form.pdf

11. there would have to be a hell to freeze first....so we're fucked

12. its up to us, bro

13. yeah

isn't florida moving away from legalization?

like, didn't they just fuck over a bunch of headshop owners?

i thought it was rediculous, one member of the voters that voted on passing the bill to get rid of headshops said something like "in many of our lifetimes we will get very little done, but if we can just chip at the block little by little, then at least we can say we tried"

yeah real good work

sarcasm

14. i really do no want $300 of tobacco laying around

lol

15. Why not my comrade?

Attached Files:

16. Eh, either way, I wont get my weed from a dispensary.

aslo,
    tobacco makes your weed last longer ;)

17. so they are telling legitimate business owners what they can and can't sell pretty much? hahaha :D:D

18. actually its up to jeb bush, and he's NOT down.

19. #20 Captain Space Pirate, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    too bad Jeb has been out of office for years.....Charlie Crist is just as shitty if not worse though.

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail_5.jsp?CaseNo=592010CF000912H
    here's a list of charges(250 of them) against someone i know....which i think is further proof of how shitty florida is with their laws.
    dude got hit with RICO laws and money laundering too