WILL FFOF ALONE DUE?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by poorbuffalo15, Feb 11, 2014.

1. I'm just a gardener please.

I will direct you to the "easy organic soil mix for beginners" thread. Follow the advice on the first several pages, be sure to use viable, living vermicompost and/or compost as the basis for your mix, make sure your mix drains well and allow the soil to cycle sufficiently before use and you will be quite content with your results, I can assure you.

J

• Like Like x 2
  2. InTheGarden's thread on organic mixes for beginners is a wonderful read.

3. Thank you.

Actually, we're both speaking from experience and both being gardeners realize just how big a part strain plays.

I'm running a pure Indica where a starvation diet for it would burn a Sativa to a crisp. My kid found that out when he put a Sativa into a somewhat 'mild' Indica mix. There is just no way I could safely add enough nutrients at the beginning for 16 weeks worth of growth for that Indica. Some other strain would be another story entirely.

Only way for the OP to find out is to make the mix, run the seeds, and see what does or doesn't work.

Wet

5. i plan on buying ffof and some perlite and by "even without anything until flowering" does this mean nutes? can i buy my soil and make the mix with the perlite and then buy nutes? if so when do i give it nutes? i plan on growing an auto flower strain and im trying to get everything down pat before i start, i was looking into fox farm trio for nutes but im not really sure the role and purpose they play and when to apply them all i know is that its a neccasity and help from anyone would be appreciated!!!

6. Dude, did you READ the post that you quoted? We mix water only soils around here.

If you want to use FFOF and bottled nutes, more power to you.  It'll work.  But you'll get better advice over in the "absolute beginners" or "indoor medical marijuana growing" forum.

And before you make ANY kind of decision as to how you want to grow (chem'/non-chem'), I would suggest checking out this thread...

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1033041-indoor-gardening-without-bottled-nutrients.html

Change your perspective on life and cultivation BEFORE you realize that you need to...

• Like Like x 3
  7. ive read that and like the idea alot but i dont wanna wait 4 weeks to let it sit and stuff, i defintly intend on doing this in my next grow but i dont have weeks to wait on it haha thanks for the help though my friend!

• Like Like x 1
    Sounds good.  Hope to see you around in the future...

• Like Like x 2
  9. You don't have to wait. here's how.
    get a bag of happy frog or the like and start your seeds or cuttings.
    mix up your soil the same day.
    At two weeks transplant from solos to 1gal pots with the happy frog.
    Two weeks later to into final pots with your living organic soil mix.
    TP times may need go a few days either way as growth dictates.
    I'm sure glad I took the time to mix my own.:D

Twas Ever Thus!

• Like Like x 2