Will cleaning a grinder with ISO wreck the o ring

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Cadillac08, Jan 13, 2016.

1. As the topic said just wondering if cleaning my grinder will wreck the o ring since I know ISO will eat plastic ? I've been told it will wreck arcryllic ?

2. Maybe.I'd suggest hot water and a toothbrush.

3. This. Also, you can put your grinder (with no weed) in the freezer for an hour or 2, take it out and you can knock all the stuck keif in the grinder out for smoking later [​IMG]

4. No it won't wreck it. If you do it continuously it will. But not a one time iso wash. That being said I usually take mine under the kitchen sink, hot, and rub it between my hands until its clean, then do the same thing with a paper towel. All clean.

5. I can't say for sure it doesn't erode the acrylic, but I've periodically done a quick iso rinse of mine when it gets hard to twist and it's been working fine for three years

6. #6 homestarstoner, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    noooo iso wont do anything to the o ring. just dont scrape the plant matter off of the ring with a knife...

just grab a q tip and lightly rub the plant matter off the o-ring. once the iso is on there, that shit will come off like nothing.

giver a quick hot water rinse, letter dry before putting back in grinder, done.

7. if you clean plastic quickly with ISO you're going to be just fine. More then that, just rinse with hot water after cleaning with any solvent and you'll keep solvents like ISO alcohol from eating O rings and such.

I know the clear soft polyurethane type O rings will melt pretty quickly in ISO alcohol. I have cleaned plastic with ISO and still do. Just don't soak them in it. With that said, I use plastic zip lock baggies to hold ISO while I soak small glass pieces over night or for a few days. They haven't melted on me yet lol.

Good luck blades