Will cannabis ever be legal in the U.S?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by tomekaru, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, I've gotten tired of seeing so many petitions fail because of lack of numbers and government corruption. So I've decided to start my own drive for reform, not only do I advocate knowledge but also a place to start with legislation so the guy's at the top have an idea of what we want and how we want it. I need 25k sig's before next month before any debate or change can happen and 150 before it will be shared on the White House network. We all know that it has numerous benefits and causes no harm to the user or society. The violence associated with the Drug war is caused by the War on drugs specifically marijuana. So if your tired of the possibility of going to jail just for doing using something safer than all other modern medicine stop talking and do something, the billions of dollars we loose could go into other things and best of all no more looking for a dealer or getting ripped off when you go to buy your bud, more importantly the money from taxes YOU would save from this 21 billion dollar war could go towards more green so Please PLEASE message and spread. Also I've uploaded a file that contains what I think is a great place to start regarding legislation of this great undertaking.

Peace Not Death.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...d-not/l9MkGTbc

2. It's going to stay illegal until big govt and all the corporations that support it find a way to make more money off of pot smokers. Cuz as of right now they're running a self sustaining system. Which they will ALWAYS prefer over a natural, anyone can help themselves common sense system. Why do you think big govt loves pharmaceutical companies so much?

3. It has to be legalized soon. The opinion of people rises in favor of marijuana as time goes on. Eventually there would be an outcry and it would have to. Question is when, maybe one year, or a hundred.

4. The issue I'm finding is that even if I convince someone that cannabis isn't bad, and should be legal, they don't understand why we would push so hard to get it legalized. They understand that it's relatively harmless and even beneficial, but unless they're smokers they just think we're junkies for being activists.
    It's ridiculous how blind people are to the corruption of the government until they educate themselves on something like this. I never realized just how bad this country was (politically) until I joined the war against illegalization.

5. Why are they called junkies for pushing something that we love to a much more known stance? Why can't people look at it in a logical way instead of referring to strawman or any fallacy that blocks the argument instead of supporting.

6. I was talking to my mom when I saw her last week. She is waaaaaaaay anti weed. She's one of those people who says "it will make you stupid" people. Thank god I have my own house. I explained everything to her. About hemp and marijuana and there history with the government. She thought it was susspiscious and was in favor of hemp but not weed...

Then I told her we should all be responsible for our own decisions, and as long as it dosent affect anyone else it should be there choice.... that started a whole other debat.

Tldr. Weed probably wont be legal for a while because of ignorant peeeeepoles.

7. ^Basically sums it up.

8. Yeah if the people lack the motivation and ambition to inform and educate themselves then progress for legalization as an whole will be an burden.

9. When any and all of the 3 states with initiatives legalize this nov, the DEA will waste a lot of money trying to enforce federal law and when the public hears how much tax payer money they're wasting, and how intrusive the gov can be, more and more people will turn on them. And that will be the beginning of the end of prohibition.

10. This should be already beginning. People are wasting tax money on law enforcement that hasnt even put a dent in the supply or consumption of marijuana.

The Gallop poll stated that this year, more people than ever were in favor of legalization and the numbers rise each year... It was the biggest topic in the "ask the president" citizen question submission, so the government must consider it.

The time is coming, but like dude said, the question is when.

11. Thanks for your post.[​IMG]

12. I was going to sign the petition but when I clicked on the file, the page could not be found.

Anyways, Oh sweet USA. If it weren't for our amazing weed and the amount of paper work necessary to become a legal patient in Canada- I'd be somewhere in Quebec tokin up a storm. But on the subject of legalization in America, is it possible? Yes, very. Will the legalization of marijuana help economically as well as medically? Yes, and it's already been proven to do so.
    The only problem we have here is the nostalgic hammer that smashes change. The US govt could bring in millions a year off of cannabis as a cash crop, but no, the people want it. This situation can be seen through out America's history with other products but what makes this product different? It's marijuana. And there already is a market out there for it. A market in which the US govt makes billions off of. It revolves around money/power and the unwilling to change Americans who are pushing this drug war.

I could go on and on.

But stay green,
    Peace :smoke:

13. this... :/

14. Did you see where HSBC bank (I believe the second largest in the world) was put on record as having laundered $341 BILLION for the cartels recently? These same corporations put the politicians in office.

Good luck using the White House "protest" website. :rolleyes:

15. One thing we have to consider, however, is how upsetting it is to some people to hear how corrupt the world is around them. Many would prefer to turn a blind eye than confront the corruption before them. I recently was debating politics with someone, and despite them finally agreeing that two party politics do not give us any reasonable choice or will of the people, he still held steadfastly to the belief that one party was still "better" than the other and would not agree we have to move beyond this two party back and forth practice of manipulation. Who wants to accept they are living under fascism? It's upsetting to people. Just not upsetting enough for anyone to speak out or do anything. They still have their consumer baubles and are placated for the time being.

16. Signed it! I also shared it on twitter! :)