Will California Legalize Pot?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by esch, Aug 1, 2010.

1. thanks.. good information!

2. We'll legalize it if y'all will vote for it!

3. Great post, +rep

EDIT: nvm I have to spread it around before giving you more XD

4. I'm not even looking at this issue as a marijuna legality issue anymore but the very fundamental of living free for oneself and having certain civil liberties being granted back to the people of our country....this is more a social issue than anything else....our government has gotten too large and too out of our control over the past 3 decades and this right here is a step in the right direction for us and our society....can't wait for the trickle down effect come january 2011 when we should all see the great affects of prop 19 in california.

5. i believe if it gets voted down, the Govt and DEA had a part of it. If so, i think there will be a huge revolution and the people will do what they have to be heard

6. I sincerely hope Prop 19 passes. And not just for selfish reasons, but because I honestly feel like it will make California, and furthermore America, a better state/country to live in. Not only will it cut costs of drug possession persecutions, but it also sets a precedent for this generation of using voter initiative as a tool to force politicians hands.

Pushing for marijuana legalization is just about career suicide for politicians, so there really was no chance of a law like this even being voted on within our legislative bodies. Well, FUCK YOU politicians, this is something that the people (whose interests our politicians allegedly represent, remember when that was a requirement of democracy?) feel needs to get done, so if we the people want something done right, I guess we the people gotta do it ourselves.:rolleyes:

7. if pot is legalized do you guys think the pot sold will be as potent compared to the marijuana of the clinics

8. I doubt the weed were used to is going to go anywhere. Just going to be sold differently and much cheaper in my opinion. Since people here are going to be able to cultivate their own legally there's going to be an abundance of it (Not that there already is). When the quantity is up, it lowers the demand, and in turn lowers the price. Simple economics.

9. Vote yes! Vote yes!

10. I just recently had a conversation with some friends about this same topic. It would be great to have legalization in California. It would benefit California, seeing how the state is in debt and all. I also believe that if they legalize then other states would probably follow suit.
    I didn't read the article so I don't know if any of this is mentioned or not. haha.

11. Thats kinda hard to say no too..
    because company's will be bigger and have way bigger and better farms and labs to study it and the make hybrids so yeah it will.
    but it will get better i trust?

they will start doing crazy shit to pump the thc up will make that strain cost more.. so trust if they pass this WEED WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN! u gonna have coconut kush apple kush kiwi kush WHITE T REX LOL
    all kinds of shit.

and trust a few months or year after cali comes nyc then chicago then usa
    i bet u!

They need to just do the shit and see what happen cause i see crime rate going down cause there ain't to many people trying to shoot nobody while there high off some good weed lol

then there will be no drug dealers anymore! other then the fda lol

o yea and crack and other funny none godly shit lol

12. I really hope it passes , cause hopefully other medical states would pass next , like us over here in jersey

13. Well i predict that mj legalization in California will eventually lead to increased supply throughout the country. People will buy it by the pound where it is legal and smuggle it for quick easy cash. Over time mj prices may drop a good 10% (made up amount really) and make it a little better for people in other states. It is really stupid that a single weed plant is worth 600 dollars if it is raised decently, it should be 10 or 20 an ounce at the most.

14. Make sure to talk with people you know, and explain why this should be legalized. Get registered to vote, and make sure to get out to the polls! There is a good chance that this can pass if supporters do get out and vote. (Statistically speaking, a big part of that demographic doesn't vote on a regular basis.) California is already benefiting from dispensary sales tax, and the tax funds raised would be a HUGE boon to the economy.

15. My next door neighbor is 17 & has a weed criminal penalty. He caught caught with herb & was given a $500 ticket. If the law changes & the vote rules legalization of marijuana, will his criminal penality go away by the time he's 18?

16. ^ Unless tried as an adult (usually only felony cases), his record will be sealed regardless. Legalization wouldn't matter much in this case, especially since the proposition only allows for adults to be in possession.

17. its getting leglized...lmao.. if not then riootss

18. if not i'll be mad, but won't be too surprising; after all people do still trust the government

19. I really hope this does pass, and if it does, well I will definitely be in CA for my winter break.

20. #20 Smokey_mctoke, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
    If marijuana is legalized, it will still be grown by the same low-key farmers who are currently growing it now, except now they will have to account for their sales. Adding to them will be 1,000s of individual smokers who will begin to grow personally in their homes now that it's LEGALY SAFE.

No "contaminated" corporate weed. No "Walmarts" of schwag. Just the same dispensaries like the medical ones that already exist, except that they will now sell LEGALY to anyone over 21 without a prescription, + Tax. Probably your local headshop will start selling too. Since the legal risk will be nil, homegrown weed prices will drop so low that the low quality pot from Mexico will not be able to compete and will not be worth the risk to bring in. Quality will improve. Marc Emery says that you can grow dank weed in your 25 sq ft for about $12.50 an ounce:"The cost of producing your 5 pounds annually is $1,000 ($300 for 1,000-watt light, $200 for pots, soil and nutrients, and $500 for electricity). That’s $12.50 per ounce for your own legal home garden!" 5 pounds a year is 6 ounces a month.

I wouldn't worry about the big national companies that much. They won't get involved in marijuana cultivation business until the Federal government says it's legal(which is probably a long time). They won't invest millions just to get busted by the DEA. Explanation:

You see, the DEA will still be persecuting marijuana even if Prop 19 is passed. However they will not have the help of state and local police anymore and as such won't have enough manpower to go after all the small grows that will sprout up in everyone's homes. So, what the DEA will do (to save face) is focus only on the largest, most visible grow ops. In the first years after Prop 19 is passed, it would suck to be the huge commercial grower catching all the heat from the feds. Phillip Morris and the like won't risk being the 1,000 acre low quality industrial growers just to be busted first by DEA.