Will buying a vape make me want to smoke a lot more?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Live_Life, Apr 12, 2014.

1. After a ton of research I decided for the PAX but this morning I had a little thought... I already burn a decent amount maybe twice a day, but I could easily imagine being so amazed that I now have a portable way of smoking weed without a lighter and tools and I can do it pretty much anywhere.... I have a feeling that right there is going to tempt me to smoke a lot more since I would be pretty obsessed with my new found freedom especially in the beginning and bring it everywhere lol. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 lwien, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    My consumption dropped 50% when I went from smoking to vaping.  

Also know that as compared to other portables, the PAX will go through more weed.      It, along with the Ascent, are the two least efficient portables on the market due to their always on conduction mode of heating.

3. Oh man I read a little about that, it's just that no matter what it always comes back to (from literally almost everybody) the mflb or the pax. I wanna burn herb idk vaping wax seems so much more expensive to make a habit. But when I did more research on actual use of the PAX the reactions is what got me, they were in love. Can you give me your opinion?

Lots of people like the PAX.   I don't.   For me, I much prefer a vape that either has an all glass vapor path and/or a vape that only applies heat when you are inhaling from it.    For me, taste, low smell and efficiency is high on my priority list.......which leaves out the PAX.   For others, loading up a very large bowl that produces large amounts of vapor in a small form factor takes priority.     It all depends on what's important to YOU.

5. I see, what do the two things you prefer do exactly? Also those sound like priorities that I should look into as well, so could you give me some options as for what vape to purchase?

6. #6 lwien, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014

An all glass vapor path provide a much cleaner taste and a vape that only applies heat when you are hitting it means that it is not constantly cooking your herbs which means that it will conserve more bud as well as smell less with less maintenance involved.

What you may want to do is spend some time here and read through the various threads on portable vaporizers:
    http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/portable-vaporizers.39/
    It will provide you with everything you need to know about every legit vaporizer on the market.

7. Thank you so much for your help! ONE last question if you don't mind, I never even thought about the smell when it wasn't actually being inhaled! So does just having bud in (for example a pax) smell? Also while it's being heated does it smell? Like are we talking about it's like having a nug in your pocket? Lol

Yup.   

9. I just bought my pax Tuesday and I have used it every day and I love it. It does smell when warming up and will still smell while being used, it kinda reeks lol but i use my mostly outside so it can't really be smelt unless someone is right next to me

10. Vape? shit forgot I bought one brb going to go use it. :bolt:

11. Really glad you mentioned this, not sure  how I never questioned the smell of the bud! But geez reeks huh? So that's even before warming? Smell is a priority for me so if you could let me know your personal experience that would be great! 

12. Well I smoked an ounce + every week in joints.

Since I started vaping, I'm down to half sometimes less.
    No joke you just don't seem to be constantly toking, when you have had a few hits on a vape.

Unlike joints I was chain smoking then lol

13. It was Tuesday night, I had just gotten my vape and a Q of bud, so I excitedly grinder some up and put it in my pax after I charged it. When the pax is off the oven lid does a great job closing off the smell as I can't smell anything from it. When warming it up to use it it smelt exactly like my bud smelt when I was grinding it up. Unfortunately for me I hadn't realized this right away and my mother decided to walk in. (She knows I smoke but hates when I do it in the house) she said that she smelt pot and was like were you smoking but I somehow played the smell off. Now what I do is I keep my pax in my glasses case when it is warming up and it almost completly eliminates the smell from warming except when I pull it out to take a hit.

14. Dam, so having it in my pocket while I do errands, walking between classes, etc. is out? Like would I'd have to find a quick spot or let's say I'm walking across the parking lot into walmart would I be able to take a hit or two or no because people around me would smell it? (I'd do it a distance of course and avoid people)

15. Yes you could take a hit while your in the parking lot and people won't notice I use it at work in the back of the building out side and 5 minutes later I when I return people have no idea what I did and they don't smell anyrhing

16. I have a Pax, a Puffit and a Solo. Out of all three, the Pax is the weed eater, but all of them have a fair amount of smell. My BFF got in my car after I'd Puffed my way to her house and said right away that she could smell it. I prefer my Solo for house use and my Puffit for travel. I personally don't think I've cut back on use from vaping (I've had the Pax for a year, but I never liked it enough to give up combustion totally- to me it was good for keeping a high but not getting one. I bought the Puffit and Solo around a month ago and haven't combusted since. So there's that!) but that could just me packing at least two bowls per use.